How Long Is Rehab for Alcohol?
If you are one of the 15.1 million people in the US who struggle with Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD), the thought of opting for alcohol rehab has probably crossed your mind at least once or twice.
That’s definitely a good step forward. Still, we are aware that making such a decision isn’t easy. After all, what kind of rehab do you actually need? Inpatient or outpatient? Do you need physical therapy, or just mental care?
And most importantly – how long is rehab for alcohol? Just how much of your time do you have to dedicate to an alcohol treatment program to see real results?
Well, you have to understand that – length-wise – there are basically 2 types of alcohol rehab programs:
- Short-Term Rehab – This type of alcohol detox generally last around 28-30 days (sometimes, even up to 40-50 days). Allegedly, short-term alcohol detox is well-suited for people who are not dealing with severe alcohol abuse issues.
- Long-Term Rehab – Long-term detox, on the other hand, can last up to 60-90 days or even longer, if the situation calls for it. Naturally, this type of alcohol rehab seems best suited for people who have a long history of alcohol abuse.
So, things seem pretty straightforward, right? You opt for short-term rehab if you haven’t been engaging in alcohol abuse for a long time, and you choose long-term rehab if your situation is more severe.
Sadly, things are not that simple. You see, many people argue that long-term rehab is the best – and only – solution, as short-term rehab simply doesn’t offer drug/alcohol abuse victims enough time to overcome their struggle(s).
When it comes to drug abuse, it’s quite obvious why long-term rehab is the only option – even research backs that up.
But what about alcohol abuse, then? If you’re struggling with it, do you need to spend the same amount of time in rehab like someone who is a drug abuse victim?
Well, we believe that yes, in such a situation, long-term alcohol rehab is the best choice as well. And we’re not just saying that!
In fact, if you consider the dangers associated with alcohol withdrawal – and long-term alcohol recovery as well – it becomes quite obvious why undergoing alcohol detox for a long period is a good idea.
The Dangers of Alcohol Withdrawal
If you’ve been abusing alcohol (binge drinking, for example) regularly for some time (even a short period, actually), your brain and body have unfortunately gotten used to alcohol chemical compounds being present in your system.
So, if you stop drinking for a short while, you will start experiencing painful withdrawal symptoms shortly (usually around 8 hours after your last drink). And these symptoms can be split into 3 categories:
1. Mild Symptoms
- Foggy Thinking
- Heart Palpitations
- Loss of Appetite
- Mood Swings
2. Moderate Symptoms
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Mental Confusion
- Irregular Heart Rate
- Heightened Mood Disturbances
3. Severe Symptoms
- Intense Confusion
The severe withdrawal symptoms are also known as Delirium Tremens, and they can be quite dangerous if you are not under medical supervision. In fact, according to the New England Journal of Medicine, Delirium Tremens can actually prove to be fatal!
Normally, medically-assisted detox can help you overcome the withdrawal process safely. And for a healthy physical recovery, it’s natural to think that around 30-50 days are more than enough.
Well, that is certainly true – with a few exceptions, of course. However, you shouldn’t overlook the fact that you have to make a healthy mental recovery as well.
After all, if you don’t get proper mental care during withdrawal (and after it, too), you risk developing Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms (PAWS). They are similar to certain alcohol withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, fatigue, mood swings, tremors, and depression), but they tend to last up to a few years and can even occur randomly.
Thus, trying to live a normal life would be quite impossible because of this.
Plus, PAWS can also include Anhedonia (the inability to find pleasure in situations/things that you would normally find pleasant), cognitive impairment, sensitivity to stress, and intense cravings.
Considering the last part, it’s pretty clear that without mental care, you would actually risk relapsing in the long run.
As a result, it’s obvious why opting for long-term alcohol rehab is a smart move. You’ll actually have an even easier time understanding this when you take a look at a few benefits of long-term detox.
The Advantages of Long-Term Alcohol Rehab
To make a long story short, here are the kinds of benefits you’ll get to enjoy if you opt for this kind of rehab treatment:
- First of all, you’ll have plenty of time at your disposal to actually address all the issues associated with alcohol abuse – both physical and mental. A full, healthy recovery doesn’t happen overnight, and – this way – you’ll have enough time to actually focus on completely overcoming your substance addiction.
- Secondly, long-term alcohol rehab will ensure you also get to heal emotionally. Since you’ll spend so much time exposed to other people who are struggling with abuse themselves, you’ll learn all sorts of tips about how to better handle emotional turmoil and stress.
- What’s more, during prolonged alcohol rehab, you’ll be able to take full advantage of therapy options like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, for instance (an excellent way to get rid of self-destructive behaviors, by the way). Don’t forget that therapy is generally only efficient when you are exposed to it for a long time.
- Lastly, we should also mention that long-term detox will offer the facility’s staff a chance to actually gain your trust – which is quite important. As a result of this, you’ll have an easier time relaxing during recovery and focusing on your treatment.
Definitely sounds worth it, right?
We know. Of course, there’s still the matter of choosing the right alcohol detox facility. Let’s face it – long-term alcohol rehab is efficient, but only if it’s provided by true professionals.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered in that regard, and you won’t have to do any tiresome research, as BLVD Treatment Centers can already offer you the best alcohol rehab assistance there is.
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Most Efficient Alcohol Rehab Out There
We understand what alcohol abuse can do to people, and we have the skills and knowledge to help you overcome your struggle with addiction in a safe, healthy, and emotionally-secure environment.
And yes, we offer a wide array of treatment length options:
- 30-Day Programs
- 60-Day Programs
- 90-Day Programs
Not only that, but we can accommodate even longer rehab treatment options if your situation calls for it.
Plus, we also provide top-notch inpatient services (exactly the kind you actually need right now):
- Medically-Assisted Detox – During your recovery, you won’t have to worry about dealing with any painful, traumatic withdrawal symptoms. That’s because our medical experts will administer you the counter-drugs you need in this situation.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – You will be under constant medical supervision, so you can rest assured that your health will never be at risk. Moreover, this way, you at least know that you won’t become addicted to the counter-drugs we just mentioned.
- Proper Privacy – When you check into our rehab facilities, we don’t force you to give up your cell phones and laptops. That’s because we know how vital privacy is when it comes to making a complete recovery.
- Mental Care – BLVD Treatment Centers offer access to quality psychiatric and psychological assistance, so that you can better understand your addiction, and address its main root(s).
- Personalized Detox – Our recovery specialists are capable of designing a completely individualized rehab treatment based on all the personal and medical data you provide us with.
Lastly, we should also mention that we can offer you transport assistance if you need help getting to our detox facilities. Basically, we can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and we can even ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you want.
Speaking of our facilities, you’ll be happy to know they are luxurious, spacious rehab centers that are located in exclusive, quiet, and beautiful areas in Corona and Hollywood. Not only that, but you’ll also get to enjoy amazing services and amenities too:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Social Events
- Group Therapy Sessions
- HDTV with Cable
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- An Aftercare Program
- A Fully Sober Environment
That’s Not All, Though
We also provide intensive outpatient services too. Whether you are dealing with an addiction that isn’t too severe or are looking for quality support post-inpatient rehab, our outpatient treatment options are the ideal choice.
What do you stand to gain, you might ask? Well, for one, you won’t have to alter your schedule one bit, as we provide 2 flexible programs:
- The Day Program – We are ready to offer you the support you need Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – If you are busy during the day, you can also rely on us for help every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
What’s more, we also offer access to wonderful activities and services:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- A Holistic Approach to Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- Relapse Prevention
- Drum Circles
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Nutrition Groups
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- Healthy Culinary Services
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Family System Approaches
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Various Recovery Tracks:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
- LGBTQ+-Affirmative Recovery
Also, you’ll be able to enjoy educational courses that will help you better understand your addiction. We will discuss subjects such as:
- How long is rehab for alcohol, and why is long-term detox a better option?
- What measures do you have to take to make sure you don’t relapse?
- How can you better handle relapse triggers in a social environment?
- How to re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab.
- What you can do to keep stress at bay post-rehab.
As for our outpatient facilities, you’ll be happy to know we have numerous alcohol detox centers located in many cities throughout the country:
Call 888-537-6671 to Get the Info and Care You Need and Deserve!
We’re available 24/7, and our recovery experts will be more than happy to help you choose the right detox program. Not only that, but they’ll also assess your financial info to see if your insurance provider can cover your rehab costs.
In case that’s not possible, don’t worry – we also provide very inclusive financial assistance programs.
Alternatively, you can opt for our budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can accommodate bi-weekly payments too.
Privacy-wise, there are no issues. We actually go to great lengths to keep your private data safe:
- We make sure that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
- We don’t keep any insurance records on file.
- We don’t keep any credit cards on file.
Oh, and our patients can generally start their recovery within 24 hours of contacting us. Yes, that pretty much means you won’t have to deal with any waitlists at all.
So, call 888-537-6671 or get in touch with us online. We will provide you with the assistance you need to regain full control of your life starting today!