Are You Struggling with Klonopin Withdrawal?
We know it’s not easy admitting that klonopin withdrawal is starting to take control of your life, but it’s unfortunately not a struggle you can win on your own. Keeping it a secret will only harm you in the long run.
Plus, you are not alone in this. Approximately 61,200 people needed emergency care because they used Klonopin (also known as Clonazepam) in a recreational, non-medical way. This was back in 2011, and, sadly, the numbers have only gone up over the years.
Do keep in mind that, ultimately, Klonopin is a benzodiazepine. That means it’s a psychoactive drug that has tranquilizer-like effects. Also, according to the Federal Controlled Substance Act, Klonopin is a Schedule IV type of drug, which means it has abuse potential.
In fact, using Klonopin for recreational or non-medical purposes can ruin your life, as there are legal consequences associated with doing that:
- Driving under the influence of Klonopin can get you a DUI charge.
- Being caught with Klonopin without a prescription for it can actually result in huge fines and prison time.
As you can see, you shouldn’t take Klonopin withdrawal lightly. That’s because, if you’re dealing with it, it means you are a victim of Klonopin addiction.
However, if you are not fully convinced you need professional help and would rather claim that “you can stop whenever you want,” it’s time we discuss withdrawal symptoms. After all, if you are experiencing them after you stop taking Klonopin, it means you need specialized medical care.
Klonopin Withdrawal Symptoms
Klonopin withdrawal symptoms usually take the form of both physical and psychological ailments:
Physical Withdrawal Symptoms
- Nausea, Diarrhea and Vomiting
- Short-Term Memory Loss
- Dizziness and Blurred Vision
- Impaired Breathing and Intense Sweating
- Seizures, Muscle Spasms and Cramps
- Fatigue and Headaches
- Stomach Pain
Psychological Withdrawal Symptoms
- Irritability, Anger and Hostility
- Anxiety and Panic
- Having Difficulty Concentrating
- Severe Mood Swings
- Intense Drug Cravings
- Mental Confusion
- Hallucinations and Nightmares
You are likely to experience withdrawal symptoms 1 to 3 days after taking your last dose.
Generally, Klonopin withdrawal happens in 3 phases:
- Early Withdrawal – This phase tends to last 2 to 4 days. Normally, it will include rebound-type symptoms such as anxiety and insomnia.
- Acute Withdrawal – You might experience this phase 2 weeks after you took your last dose of Klonopin. This period could last anywhere from 1 week to 1 whole month. Most of the withdrawal symptoms we previously mentioned will take place during this time.
- Protracted Withdrawal – This phase can last months and even years after your last dose of Klonopin. It usually includes psychological symptoms which occur at random intervals.
Please keep in mind that each withdrawal process is unique to every addict. So, you won’t necessarily experience every symptom or phase.
For example, there is no guarantee that you will have to struggle with the Protracted Withdrawal phase. That’s because it happens quite rare. Still, your best bet to prevent it from ever controlling your life is by relying on therapy and mental health treatment.
Moreover, your withdrawal symptoms can also be influenced by certain factors in your life:
- How old you were when you first took Klonopin – The younger you were, the easier it is for drug abuse to leave a lasting mark on your life.
- What amount of Klonopin you took – If the amount increased over time, it will be easier for addiction to take a hold of your brain.
- Genetics and a history of drug use in your family – These factors can actually make you more likely to become addicted to drugs like Klonopin.
- Your surrounding environment – If you don’t get enough emotional support and your life is full of stress, it will be that much harder to overcome Klonopin withdrawal
- How long you’ve been taking Klonopin for – The longer you’ve abused Klonopin, the more intense the withdrawal symptoms will be.
Now, we know this all sounds rather bad, and that you might be a little scared as well. Don’t worry, though, as there are certain things you can do to alleviate your withdrawal symptoms.
How to Alleviate Klonopin Withdrawal Symptoms
Until you get the help you need, here’s what you can do to improve your situation:
- Make yourself comfortable – One of the biggest problems addicts have with the withdrawal process is the physical discomfort they experience. Well, just doing something as simple as wearing comfy clothing and taking a warm bath can help alleviate some of the discomfort you might be feeling.
- Stay active – Physical exercise can aid with physical discomfort as well. You don’t have to do anything too extreme. Just going for a run, stretching, or doing some Yoga can be enough. What’s more, cardio exercises can actually reduce some of the stress and anxiety you might be dealing with.
- Avoid sources of external stimulation before going to bed – Klonopin withdrawal makes your mind hypersensitive to outside stimulation. Our advice is to avoid activities like watching TV, going online, or intense conversations a few hours before going to sleep.
- Try some meditation – Another way to deal with all the stress and anxiety you might be suffering from is to meditate. Find a quiet spot in your home or outside, unwind, and just start letting go of all your negative thoughts.
Please remember that these tips will only help alleviate your situation. They will not cure your addiction, nor will they help you overcome your Klonopin withdrawal process.
Plus, you must understand that trying to go through withdrawal on your own can be potentially fatal. That’s because there’s always the chance that seizures might occur. Sure, it’s rather low, but you should never take such a risk.
To truly get rid of your Klonopin dependence once and for all in a safe, healthy manner, you must turn to residential detox treatment.
Residential Rehab – The Only Solution
With residential Klonopin detox, you get everything you need:
- Round-the-Clock Medical Care – Inpatient detox facilities employ medical experts who work 24/7 to offer you quality medical supervision. This way, you know that you manage to detox in a safe, risk-free manner.
- Medically-Assisted Rehab – Since you get to enjoy 24/7 medical supervision, you won’t have to worry about withdrawal symptoms getting too out of hand and becoming dangerous and traumatic.
- Self-Focus – With inpatient detox, you finally get the time, peace, and quiet you need to focus only on yourself. As a result, you can easily just concentrate on your own recovery without getting distracted. Also, you might even go through a journey of self-discovery while you’re at it.
- Constant Support and Motivation – Residential centers usually offer efficient group therapy sessions and one-on-one therapy so that you will always have the emotional support you need to stick to your detox treatment.
- Relapse Prevention – Residential centers will teach you everything you need to know about how to make sure you won’t relapse once you finish your treatment. Plus, many facilities offer outpatient programs as well, so that you can continue your recovery even when you’re out of rehab.
Everything sounds great, right?
Just keep in mind you need to choose the best rehab program out there if you want to completely regain your independence.
Don’t worry, though – you won’t have to spend countless hours researching the right detox center. You already found it!
We Can Help You Overcome Your Addiction and Regain Control of Your Life
At BLVD Treatment Centers, we strive to offer you the specialized care you need and deserve. Essentially, you benefit from stress-free, comfortable, and emotionally-safe Klonopin withdrawal treatment.
You won’t have to worry about your withdrawal symptoms getting out of hand and harming you. We employ medically-assisted detox as a way to ensure your recovery will be painless and healthy.
Moreover, our treatment exports will work closely with you to come up with an individualized detox program. Thus, you can rest assured that each and every single one of your needs will be met.
Furthermore, we can provide you with quality, convenient transport services if you need help getting to our rehab facilities. In fact, we can even arrange for you to travel with a sober companion if you so desire.
Also, speaking of our facilities, we have 2 luxurious, spacious, and very welcoming rehab centers located in Corona and Hollywood. What’s more, our facilities are located in exclusive, quiet neighborhoods too. So, there’s no doubt your recovery will be relaxing as well.
During your rehab treatment, you will get to enjoy amazing services and amenities:
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- 24/7 Nursing
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- One-on-One Therapy
- Supportive Group Therapy
- Counseling and Education
- Fun, Social Activities and Events
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- A Comprehensive Aftercare Plan
That’s not all, though. Once you complete your detox program, you’ll be ready to move on to our intensive outpatient programs. This way, you can be sure you will never run the risk of relapsing and falling victim to addiction again.
Plus, with outpatient rehab programs, you increase your odds of preventing the Protracted Klonopin Withdrawal phase from occurring.
We have outpatient centers in numerous cities around the country:
Clearly, variety won’t be an issue. And yes, every single one of our outpatient detox centers is located in a walkable, chic, and beautiful neighborhood.
Before you ask, no, you won’t have to alter your daily schedule at all. After all, once you’re done with residential rehab, it’s time to take full control of your life. So, this time around, you won’t have to make any sacrifices to continue on your journey to full recovery.
Basically, we have your back, as we offer 2 very flexible schedules:
- The Day Program – You can rely on our information-rich courses Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – You can take advantage of proper support and motivation every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
During your outpatient rehab sessions, you’ll get to enjoy the likes of equine/music/art therapy, Yoga, courses on dealing with stress and family dynamics, and trustworthy psychoeducation.
All that remains is getting in touch with us so that we can handle everything for you.
Call 8885376671 to Get the Best Klonopin Withdrawal Treatment There Is
Our phones are manned by specialized treatment experts, and we’re available 24/7. Once you contact us, our specialists will help you choose the right detox program.
They will also assess your financial info and work with your insurance provider. Why? Because it is possible for your rehab to be 100% covered by your insurance. If it isn’t, you might be eligible for some of our financial assistance programs instead.
Of course, we also offer private payment plans if you are more comfortable with them. Our fees are billed monthly, but we are also able to accommodate bi-weekly billings as well.
In case you are worried about your privacy, here is what you should know:
- We do not keep any credit cards on file.
- We do not keep any insurance records on file.
- Every single phone call you make is completely confidential.
So, it’s obvious you have nothing to worry about – your privacy is safe with us!
Once everything is settled, you can begin your Klonopin withdrawal treatment within 24 hours.
Quite convenient, right?
Of course it is. That’s how much we want to help you, after all. So call 8885376671 or contact us online today.
And please don’t think that it’s too late to make a change. If that thought ever crosses your mind, just think of our motto:
“There’s Still Time to Change the Road You’re On.”