How Long Does MDMA Stay in Your System?
If you’ve been asking yourself “How long does MDMA stay in your system?” a lot lately, it might be because you are worried about a potential drug test spotting traces of MDMA (also known as Ecstasy) in your body.
After all, MDMA is a Schedule I substance according to the DEA, so you can get into legal trouble if you are caught with it or under its influence. Thus, it’s understandable why you might worry about something like this.
So, how long does MDMA stay in your system then?
Well, it’s a bit complicated, as there are certain things to keep in mind. For one, it’s speculated that the half-life of MDMA is around 7 hours. If that is true, it means it would take around 1.60 days for your body to fully eliminate any traces of MDMA.
However, others say the half-life is closer to around 8-9 hours. In that case, it would take your body over 2 days to eliminate all traces of MDMA.
That’s not all, though. Here’s another often overlooked aspect – if your urine has high alkalinity, the overall half-life of MDMA can be extended up to 16-31 hours. Not only that, but it’s very likely that HMMA (a metabolite of MDMA) will remain up to 33 hours longer than MDMA in your system this way.
Essentially, that would mean it would take up to 3 days to fully get rid of all traces of MDMA (and its metabolites) from your system.
Furthermore, you also have to keep in mind that there are various factors that can influence the whole break-down process as well:
- Your age – The younger you are, the quicker your metabolism is, and the faster it can break down MDMA and eliminate it.
- Your liver – MDMA is mostly metabolized by your liver, so its health is an important factor in this situation.
- Your BMI – Yes, your Body Mass Index can influence the process, as taking doses of MDMA that are greater in relation to your BMI means it will take longer for your body to eliminate all traces of the drug.
- Other drugs – If you take other drugs alongside MDMA, they can interfere with the overall break-down process and slow it down a bit.
- The dosage – Naturally, the bigger the dosage you take, the longer it will take for your body to eliminate it.
Lastly, we also need to mention that the answer to “How long does MDMA stay in your system?” can also depend on drug test results:
- Urine Tests – This is the most common testing method, and it can detect traces of MDMA in your system up to 2-4 days after your last dose.
- Hair Tests – Not very common, but it’s worth noting that hair tests can detect traces of MDMA up to 3 months (even longer if you have long hair follicles and the results are analyzed in a laboratory) after your last dose.
- Saliva Tests – Mostly employed by law enforcement officials, saliva tests can detect traces of MDMA in your system anywhere between 5-10 hours after your last dose.
- Blood Tests – These tests can detect traces of MDMA in your body up to 12-24 hours after your last dose.
Are You Struggling with MDMA Abuse?
If you’ve been asking yourself “How long does MDMA stay in your system?” quite frequently, it’s mostly because you are probably worried about the outcome of being subjected to drug tests.
Sadly, this is one of the signs that you are becoming addicted to the drug, and that it is starting to take control of your life.
While MDMA isn’t too addictive, there still is a high potential for abuse. And once that happens, you start endangering your well-being.
MDMA Abuse – Health Risks and Withdrawal
Contrary to popular belief, it’s very easy to end up abusing MDMA. What’s more, doing that can cause you to develop numerous health complications in the long run, such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Failure
- Significant Reductions in Mental Capabilities
- Blurred Vision
Furthermore, if you’ve been taking MDMA for a particularly long time, your mind and body have already become used to the chemicals found in the drug. As a result, if you ever stop taking the drug for a short while (if you have an upcoming drug test, for example), you will end up struggling with uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms:
- Mood Swings
- Memory Loss
- Muscle Rigidity
- Panic Attacks
- Unexplained Hostility
Moreover, these symptoms can become more severe if you have been taking MDMA for a long time, have been drinking alcohol alongside it as well, and abuse the drug on a regular basis.
And here’s the worse part – it can take a while until your brain stabilizes itself after you stop taking MDMA, and that means you can end up experiencing withdrawal symptoms up to a few weeks or even months!
Clearly, “How long does MDMA stay in your system?” will be the last thing on your mind if you end up going through withdrawal.
So Then, What’s to Be Done?
We know you might be tempted to try quitting on your own, but we have to strongly advise you against that. Not only can you experience intense drug cravings that will make you relapse, but you will also be at risk of taking very large doses, which can cause an overdose!
The best and safest option in this case is to rely on professional assistance – inpatient detox, to be precise.
Of course, finding the right rehab center is no easy task – it usually involves hours upon hours of thorough research, which is the last thing you need right now.
Don’t despair yet, though – we’ve actually got great news for you. See, you already found the best detox facilities there are, so you won’t have to deal with any tiresome research at all!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Stepping Stone towards Living an Independent, Drug-Free Life
Withdrawing from MDMA is not a pleasant process – it can actually put your health at risk! Fortunately, our detox services can offer you just the care you need in this situation:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – Our medical specialists will ensure that you won’t experience any pain and discomfort during your withdrawal process.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff works round-the-clock to ensure your health is never in danger. Plus, this way, there is no risk of you getting addicted to the counter-drugs you will be administered.
- Individualized Rehab – We employ recovery experts who are capable of analyzing all the personal and medical data you provide so that they can design a completely personalized detox treatment just for you.
- Complete Privacy – When you check in at our rehab centers, you don’t have to worry about us taking away your cell phones and laptops. We understand how valuable your privacy can be when dealing with MDMA withdrawal.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our rehab facilities? No problem! We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf. What’s more, we can even ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you deem it necessary.
As for the residential detox facilities themselves, you’ll surely be happy to know that you will be spending your recovery at luxurious, spacious, and very welcoming centers. They are located in exclusive, quiet, and beautiful areas in Corona and Hollywood.
Furthermore, you’ll also get to enjoy a wide array of amazing services and amenities:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Thorough Psychiatric Evaluations
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- Group Therapy Sessions
- HDTV with Cable
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Social Events
- A Fully Sober Environment
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
Best of all – once you finish your inpatient detox, you won’t be on your own. Yes, our aftercare program will offer you all the info you could need to live a healthy, sober life post-rehab, but it will also offer you the possibility to join our intensive outpatient programs as well.
These programs are just what you need to ensure there won’t be any risks of you relapsing while recovering outside of a detox facility. Plus, we offer flexible schedules, so you won’t have to change your day-to-day schedule at all:
- The Day Program – We can offer you quality motivation and support Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – Busy during the day? No need to worry – we are also available every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Are our outpatient services worth it, you ask? Well, just take a look at all the activities and services you’ll get to take advantage of:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- SMART Recovery
- Holistic Approaches to Recovery
- Drum Circles
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Healthy Culinary Services
- Resistance in Recovery
- Cognitive behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Healthy Relationships Groups
- Family System Approaches
- A Diverse Selection of Recovery Tracks:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- LGBTQ-Affirmative Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
That’s not all, though. We also want to help you better understand your addiction, which is why we offer access to valuable educational courses too. Basically, you’ll get the answers you seek to questions such as:
- How can you re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab?
- Is it possible to have a normal relationship during recovery?
- What can you do to better manage your free time post-rehab?
- How long does MDMA stay in your system, and does it have any long-term effects?
- How can you handle relapse triggers in social environment?
Lastly, we should mention that our outpatient facilities are located in metropolitan areas, thus allowing you to integrate real-world experiences into your treatment. Plus, we have centers in many cities throughout the country:
How Long Does MDMA Stay in Your System? Call 888-537-6671 to Receive the Answers and Care You Need
Our phones are manned by recovery experts 24/7, so you can rest assured you will get the information you seek in a timely manner.
What’s more, our specialists will also assess your financial info to see if it’s possible for your insurance provider to cover your rehab costs. Eligibility is usually determined within the same day.
However, if that is not possible, don’t worry – we provide access to very inclusive financial assistance programs too.
That, and we also offer budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can accommodate bi-weekly payments as well.
And no, you don’t have to worry about your privacy. We ensure it’s not in danger by:
- Making sure that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
- Not keeping any insurance records on file.
- Not keeping any credit cards on file.
And here’s the best part – no waitlists! You can actually start your recovery within 24 hours of contacting us if everything is in order.
And yes, our recovery experts will keep in touch with you throughout your journey – up until the moment you arrive at our detox centers.
So, call 888-537-6671 or just contact us online – whichever option sounds more convenient. Stop wondering “How long does MDMA stay in your system?” and take action today! With our help, you will regain full control of your life in a safe, healthy, and emotionally-secure manner.