What Are the Advantages of Long Term Drug Rehab, and When Is It Necessary?
When it comes to finding a solution for your drug addiction, you inevitably end up having to decide if you should stick with long term drug rehab or short-term detox.
Of course, many people would tell you that short-term rehab is a better choice, as it simply seems more convenient.
However, the reality is far from it. In fact, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, research shows that drug rehab tends to be the most effective when it last around 90 days, or longer.
And when you consider the benefits of long term drug rehab, it’s not really that surprising.
- Long term detox – specifically the inpatient type – is extremely efficient at helping drug abuse victims effectively break the cycle of addiction. That’s because the environment is safe and fully sober. As a result, you won’t be distracted by anything, and you will be completely able to focus on your recovery.
- Spending more time in recovery means you will actually have plenty of time at your disposal to properly understand your addiction, and what caused it in the first place. Thus, your odds of overcoming your drug abuse issues will be significantly greater, and you might also gain valuable insight about yourself.
- You’ll have more time to heal emotionally, something that is crucial – in fact – in such a situation. After all, don’t forget that drug abuse can leave emotional scars, and managing to heal them is not something that happens overnight.
- Long term drug rehab will usually offer you access to various therapy options (with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy being the most efficient) that will help you overcome self-destructive behavioral tendencies. Doing that is quite important, as it’s a way of ensuring you won’t relapse once you finish your drug rehab.
- Lastly, it’s important to understand that heavy drug abuse can really take its toll on your body. So, a longer period of rehab will definitely do wonders for both your physical and mental health. Not only will you have plenty of time to rest, sleep better, and adjust to eating healthy, normal food again, but you will also improve your overall well-being much easier this way.
As for when long term drug rehab is necessary, here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you are a heavy drug user, and have been taking drugs for a long time, long term detox will be necessary.
- If your drug addiction has started manifesting at a mental level – not just physical – it’s a good sign that you need prolonged specialized care.
- If you mix multiple drugs, and also drink alcohol alongside them too, long term drug rehab will be necessary.
- And lastly, if you have already undergone drug detox, and have relapsed, then it’s best to choose long-term rehab services this time around.
Now, you should also keep in mind that the rehab center where you will be recovering can seriously impact the outcome of your recovery. In fact, when it comes to long term drug rehab, it’s always important to pick the right detox facility.
How to Choose the Best Rehab Center
Since you’ll be spending quite a lot of time at the rehab facility, it is important to ensure you pick the right one. Naturally, that’s not as easy as it sounds, as there are plenty of things you must keep in mind.
Still, we aim to make everything easier for you. So, here are some clear signs that you found the ideal rehab facility:
- The rehab center offers you access to medical assistance + constant medical supervision. As we’ve just mentioned, long term drug rehab is generally necessary when dealing with severe drug addiction issues, so making sure your health won’t be in danger is paramount.
- The facility will provide travel assistance. For many people in your situation, that can be a godsend, as traveling on your own in such a state is not a good idea.
- The facility in question will ensure you get to take advantage of proper mental care Something like that is important if you are to make a complete recovery, and avoid developing Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms as well.
- The rehab center is ready to work with your insurance provider to make sure your rehab costs are taken care of. At the very least, if that is not possible, the detox center should offer you access to financial assistance programs as a second option.
- The facility offers access to both inpatient and outpatient services, and the staff take extra care to protect your privacy.
- The center features a fully sober environment, and the facility’s staff is ready to tend to your every need – 24/7 availability, social events, and healthy, well-cooked meals are usually a good sign.
However, even with all that, info, you’d still have to start looking for detox centers and start comparing them – which can definitely take a few hours at least.
The only problem is that time is of the essence when it comes to drug abuse and withdrawal.
Well, you’ll surely be happy to know, then, that you won’t have to deal with any of that hassle. That’s because you already found the best rehab facility there is!
BLVD Treatment Centers – Efficient, Healthy, and Safe Long Term Drug Rehab
We have plenty of experience with helping people who require long term drug rehab. In fact, we offer access to a variety of programs:
- 30-Day Treatment Programs
- 60-Day Treatment Programs
- 90-Day Treatment Programs
That’s not all, though. The programs can be even longer if the state of your health and addiction calls for it. Not only that, but we can offer high-quality rehab services and proper housing during your recovery:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – Our medical experts will ensure that you won’t experience any painful or traumatic withdrawal symptoms during your stay at our rehab facilities.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff works round-the-clock. This way, you are never exposed to any risks, and you know that each and every one of your needs will be met.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our detox facilities? No problem – we can actually handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion too if it’s necessary.
- Personalized Detox – We employ recovery specialists who are skilled enough to analyze all the personal and health-related data you provide so that they can come up with a rehab treatment that is completely individualized just for you.
- Proper Privacy – When you check into our rehab centers, we don’t make you give up your cell phones and laptops. We realize how vital privacy is in such a situation, after all.
If that’s not enough to convince you that our services are worth it, here is what some of our former satisfied patients had to say about BVLD Treatment Centers:
“The quality of therapists is extremely high. Clinicians and support staff are extremely dedicated. Able to provide a wide variety of services and options. The facilities are well designed and comfortable. Most often treatment centers offer either a 12 Step or non-12 Step approach, rarely do they offer both as does BLVD. BLVD Centers are also located in the metropolitan area with access to all of the benefits a city has to offer.”
“It’s great at what it does. Easy to understand. I had a great experience with the facility. They were very kind and involving with the care and treatment. Would definitely recommend to those in need.”
Not only are our facilities located in exclusive, beautiful, and quiet areas, but you’ll also get to enjoy:
- One-on-One Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Social Events
- Group Therapy Sessions
- HDTV with Cable
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Mouthwatering Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- A Fully Sober Environment
- A Quality Aftercare Program
What does the aftercare program entail, you might ask? Well, we will ensure you will get to learn vital life skills that will help you re-adapt to living a normal life post-rehab. What’s more, we will also offer you a chance to take advantage of our intensive outpatient programs too.
After all, long term drug rehab also means continuing your recovery outside the rehab facility. Plus, this way, you would be able to enjoy quality motivation and support while also being able to put everything you learn into practice.
In case you might be interested in pursuing this option once you finish your inpatient treatment, we’ll let you know exactly what kinds of activities and services we can offer you access to:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- Strength in Recovery
- Drum Circles
- SMART Recovery
- A Holistic Approach to Recovery
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Nutrition Groups
- Healthy Culinary Services
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Family System Approaches
- A Wide Array of Recovery Tracks:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
- LGTBQ+-Affirmative Recovery
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
And no, you won’t have to change your day-to-day schedule at all to be a part of our outpatient programs. That’s because we offer 2 flexible schedules:
- The Day Program – We are ready to offer you the support you need and deserve Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – If you’re busy during the day, you can also rely on us for help every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Furthermore, our outpatient programs will help you truly understand your addiction, and how it affects your life, as we provide educational courses too. Basically, we will discuss things like:
- How to re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab.
- How to have a normal, healthy relationship post-rehab.
- What measures you must take to ensure you won’t relapse.
- How to better manage free time and stress during recovery.
- How to deal with relapse triggers in a social environment.
As for our outpatient facilities, you should know that we have numerous rehab centers located in many cities throughout the country:
Call 888-537-6671 to Get the Best Long Term Drug Rehab There Is!
We’re available 24/7, so you won’t have to wait long until somebody answers your call. And since every single phone call you make is 100% confidential, there’s nothing to worry about privacy-wise.
In fact, we even go as far as not keeping credit cards and insurance records on file, as we like to safeguard your private data.
As for payments, here are the options:
- Firstly, it’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover your rehab costs. We can generally determine eligibility within the same day.
- In case it’s not possible, you might be eligible for our very inclusive financial assistance programs
- Alternatively, we provide budget-friendly private payment plans too. Our fees can be billed both monthly and bi-weekly.
Oh, and there are no waitlists involved! In fact, usually, you can begin your recovery within 24 hours of contacting us.
So, call 888-537-6671 or get in touch with us online. Long term drug rehab isn’t something to be scared of, as you’ve just seen, and we here at BVLD Treatment Centers can offer you the strength you need to regain full control of your life.