“Can you really become addicted to Kratom? Is Kratom addiction such a serious issue nowadays?”
Many people around the world have been asking themselves this – specifically opiate abuse victims. That’s because Kratom has been widely promoted as being the perfect counter-drug to opiate withdrawal, as it can allegedly negate all those negative withdrawal effects.
While there might be some truth to that, as Kratom does have sedative-like effects, that doesn’t make Kratom a viable alternative.
Why? Because you’d basically be exchanging one addiction for another!
Contrary to popular belief, Kratom is a drug that can cause users to experience addiction – or physical dependence, at the very least.
What’s more, you should keep in mind that there is no viable research to back up the claim that Kratom can actually combat opiate withdrawal.
After all, there is a reason why the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) considers Kratom to be a “drug of concern.”
Furthermore, you should take into consideration the fact that Kratom can actually produce effects that are similar to those produced by opiates.
Hardly seems like the kind of drug that can help you prevent and combat opiate addiction, right?
The Dangers of Taking Kratom
Now, we should first discuss the side effects of taking Kratom:
- Skin Hyper-Pigmentation
- Sensitivity to Sunburn
- Loss of Libido
- Respiratory Depression
And those are just the short-term effects. Here are the long-term effects you might experience if you keep taking Kratom:
- Your skin and face will become visibly darker.
- You will experience a significant decrease in sexual desires.
- You will lose weight at an alarming rate, mostly due to the loss of appetite you will experience.
- You will start experiencing intense cravings whenever you stop taking Kratom.
That actually leads us to our main point of discussion, namely Kratom addiction.
First of all, how do you know you are becoming addicted to Kratom? Well, here are some tell-tale signs to look out for:
- You start experiencing sudden weight loss, and are becoming less and less preoccupied with personal hygiene.
- You begin engaging in more risk-taking behavior that can endanger your life or freedom, especially while taking Kratom.
- You become highly irresponsible, and even start skipping school/work to take Kratom.
- You start sleeping at odd times or too frequently. Overall, irregular sleep patterns are a clear sign you’re dealing with the onset of Kratom addiction.
- You start hiding your Kratom use from your loved ones, and try keeping it a secret.
- You get into legal trouble because of your Kratom abuse habits.
- You end up spending way too much money on Kratom.
- You begin experiencing intense mood swings – especially when you stop taking Kratom for a while.
Actually, things start becoming severely worse if you’re a heavy user and you stop taking Kratom. That’s because withdrawal symptoms will start to kick in!
Here’s just a glimpse of what you might experience:
- Muscle Aches
- Sour Stomach
- Panic Attacks
- Runny Nose
Doesn’t sound too pleasant, right?
Well, do keep in mind that the withdrawal process can last up to 7-10 days.
Also, while there is no proof that you might develop Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms in the long run (like it is with opiate withdrawal), there is still a chance you might experience other unpleasant effects in the future if you previously used opiates:
- Problems with Memory and Concentration
- Severe Fatigue
Can You Overcome Kratom Addiction on Your Own?
We know you’d like to get a positive answer, but the sad truth is that no – you cannot attempt to face this kind of addiction all by yourself.
For one, the drug cravings will get very bad once your withdrawal symptoms peak. When that happens, you will most likely relapse, and start taking Kratom again – no matter how much willpower you have.
Secondly, most of the withdrawal symptoms you’ll deal with are similar to opiate withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately, that means you can actually put your health at risk by trying to face them all on your own, as opiate withdrawal can even be deadly.
Lastly, remember what we just said about long-term side effects? Well, without proper mental care by your side during withdrawal, you might end up developing them.
And they’re no joke, as they can last up to a few months!
So then, what can you do?
Kratom Addiction Treatment – What Options Do You Have?
There’s nothing you can do on your own, as you’ve just seen, so your best bet is to rely on Kratom addiction treatment programs for help.
To make a long story short, here’s a quick rundown of the most reliable Kratom addiction treatment options:
- Medical Detox – You will require proper medical assistance by your side to ensure that the withdrawal symptoms and side effects you will experience won’t become too much to deal with. Essentially, this way, you won’t be subjected to any pain and discomfort at all.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT can help you modify self-destructive behaviors, and also show you how to address any self-esteem issues you might have. Few people know this, but poor self-esteem actually has a role to play when it comes to the root cause of Kratom addiction.
- Therapy and Counseling – Speaking of the root cause, thorough therapy and counseling sessions will help you get to the bottom of it. What’s more, you will learn how the addiction truly affects your life, and you will find the strength you need to face it head-on.
Naturally, you would only get optimal results by combining all of those Kratom addiction treatment options into one.
However, that’s usually easier said than done, as a lot of research would be necessary to find the best programs and schedule the sessions.
Well, we’ve got great news for you – you won’t have to deal with any of that, as we can already offer you exactly the kind of Kratom addiction treatment you need!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Kratom Addiction Help You Deserve
We only offer concierge-level detox services, so you know you’ll be getting the Kratom addiction help you need right now.
That’s not all, though. If you haven’t started taking Kratom yet, and are just dealing with opiate abuse, our high-quality rehab programs can help you regain full control of your life as well.
That’s because we offer both inpatient and outpatient rehab programs, so you will definitely get to take advantage of the medical, emotional, and psychological assistance you require in a healthy, safe, and warm environment.
Specialized Inpatient Services To Recover From Kratom Addiction
If you are a heavy Kratom user, our residential rehab services will be exactly the helping hand you need:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – We employ medical professionals who can administer you the right amount of counter-drugs you need to overcome your Kratom addiction. And yes, that means you won’t have to worry about any withdrawal symptoms as well.
- Individualized Detox – Our recovery specialists are able to take all the background and medical data you provide into account to design a personalized rehab treatment just for you. Thus, you can rest assured that every single one of your needs will be met.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff works round-the-clock to ensure you never feel like you are facing your withdrawal on your own.
- Thorough Mental Care – You will get to enjoy one-on-one therapy sessions (yes, that includes CBT as well) that will help you address your Kratom addiction in a safe environment.
What’s more, we provide transport assistance too. So, if you need help getting to our inpatient facilities, we can handle travel arrangements on your behalf. Not only that, but we can also ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion too.
Actually, speaking of our inpatient centers, we should let you know that they are located in exclusive, quiet areas in Corona and Hollywood, and that our facilities are luxurious, very spacious, and quite welcoming.
And you’ll surely love the fact that we don’t force you to give up your cell phones and laptops when checking in. That’s because we really value and respect your privacy.
Furthermore, during your inpatient treatment, you’ll be able to enjoy amazing services and amenities:
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- HDTV with Cable
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- A Completely Sober Environment
Specialized Outpatient Services To Recover From Kratom Addiction
Once you finish your inpatient treatment, you’ll be able to benefit from our intensive outpatient programs too. This way, you’ll continue getting the quality motivation you need post-rehab, while also being able to enjoy a greater degree of freedom afterwards.
After all, we offer 2 very flexible programs, so you won’t have to drastically alter your day-to-day schedule at all to take advantage of top-notch Kratom addiction help and support:
- The Day Program – We are ready to offer you excellent rehab service Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – We also provide detox courses every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Sounds pretty convenient, right?
Well, wait until you hear about all the services and activities we offer access to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Nutritious Culinary Services
- Relapse Prevention
- Family System Approaches
- Yoga, Qi-Gong, or Tai-Chi
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Drum Circles
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- A Wide Variety of Recovery Tracks:
- Primetime Track
- LGBTQ-Affirmative Track
- 12-Step-Based Track
- Non-12-Step-Based Track
Moreover, you’ll also get Kratom addiction help in the form of educational courses that address questions such as:
- Is it possible to have a normal relationship during recovery?
- How can you re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab?
- Does Kratom addiction leave any long-term psychological scars?
- How can you make sure you never relapse after rehab?
- What measures should you take to better manage stress post-rehab?
As for our outpatient facilities, here are the options you can choose from:
Call 8885376671 to Receive Proper Kratom Addiction Treatment
Our phones are manned 24/7 by recovery experts, and they are looking forward to providing you with the quality Kratom addiction help you deserve.
What’s more, they will assess your financial info to see if your insurance provider can fully cover your rehab costs. Eligibility can generally be determined within the same day.
If that is not possible, however, you shouldn’t despair. We also offer access to very inclusive financial assistance programs.
Alternatively, you can always opt for our budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly or bi-weekly, depending on your situation.
Oh, and don’t worry about your privacy being in danger. We safeguard it by:
- Ensuring that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
- Not keeping any insurance records on file.
- Not keeping any credit cards on file.
And here’s the best part – there are no waitlists involved! Usually, most of our patients can begin their Kratom addiction treatment within 24 hours of contacting us.
So, call 8885376671 or get in touch with us online. We will make sure you will overcome your Kratom addiction (or opiate addiction even, like we previously said) in a safe manner, and make sure you will regain full control of your present and future.