“Is there a reason to be worried about Kratom withdrawal? Isn’t Kratom a safe, legal drug?”
You might be asking yourself that if you are one of the many Kratom users throughout the country. It’s completely understandable that you might think Kratom is a risk-free drug, as it’s pretty much legal across the country, with very few states explicitly banning it.
However, you should know that Kratom is far from safe. Many people believe it’s just a casual drug they can use to unwind, or even a miracle drug they can use to combat opiate withdrawal symptoms.
But it’s none of that, as Kratom itself is quite addictive and can lead to withdrawal. In fact, Kratom tends to act like opioid drugs.
After all, there’s a reason why the drug is banned in one of its main countries or origins – Thailand. Moreover, the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) considers Kratom to be a “drug of concern.”
Plus, Kratom can impact your brain’s neurotransmitters – essentially, the chemical messengers in your brain that signal pleasure. Why? Because Kratom can interfere with the natural production of cells like serotonin (basically, “happiness cells”).
Thus, when you stop taking Kratom (even for a short while) the neurotransmitter levels in your brain will be significantly lower. In turn, that will inevitably lead to you experiencing Kratom withdrawal symptoms.
But before we start discussing the symptoms, we should address one more subject – the tell-tale signs that you are dealing with Kratom abuse and the onset of withdrawal as a result:
- You start engaging in risk-taking behavior which can potentially endanger your life and freedom, especially while under the influence of Kratom.
- You feel an uncontrollable impulse to do everything in your power to get your hands on Kratom when you don’t have any at your disposal.
- You feel as if it’s necessary to hide your Kratom use habits from your friends and family members.
- You start skipping school or work to spend more time taking Kratom.
- You start taking Kratom during day-time.
- You are no longer too preoccupied with personal hygiene, and you start experiencing sudden weight loss (that’s a clear sign of the onset of Kratom withdrawal).
- You begin sleeping at odd intervals and way too often.
- You start spending too much money (sometimes, even more than you can afford) on your Kratom use habits.
- Your Kratom use has gotten you in trouble with the law.
- If you stop taking Kratom even for a short while, you begin experiencing intense mood swings.
If those signs paint a crystal-clear picture of you, it means you have plenty of reasons to be worried about dealing with Kratom withdrawal.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: “Is it possible to face the withdrawal process on my own?”
We have to warn you that the process isn’t pleasant at all. The symptoms alone should be all the proof you need.
Kratom Withdrawal Symptoms and Other Dangers
Kratom withdrawal symptoms can be split into 2 categories:
1. Physiological Withdrawal Symptoms
- Watery Eyes
- Runny Nose
- Abdominal Pain
- Decreased Appetite
- Hot Flashes
- Body Aches
2. Psychological Withdrawal Symptoms
- Severe Drug Cravings
Also, you should keep in mind that the intensity of these symptoms can vary according to certain factors:
- How long you have been taking Kratom for.
- What amount of Kratom you usually take.
- How often you engage in Kratom abuse.
- If there is a history of drug abuse in your family.
- If you take any other drugs alongside Kratom.
- If you mix Kratom with alcohol.
Furthermore, you should keep in mind that taking Kratom for a long period can cause unpleasant side effects too:
- Visibly Darker Skin
- A Significant Loss of Libido
- Sensitivity to Sunburn
- Respiratory Depression
These might not be Kratom withdrawal symptoms, but we believe it’s worth mentioning them because we want to make sure you are fully informed on the matter. Plus, it’s very likely you will have to deal with these issues during the withdrawal process.
As for the timeline of Kratom withdrawal, the whole process tends to last up to 7-10 days.
Some Other Things to Keep in Mind about Kratom Withdrawal
As we already said, you shouldn’t attempt to overcome Kratom withdrawal symptoms all on your own. Even if you have an iron will and strong willpower, it’s very possible that the drug cravings will become too much to bear and you will relapse quite easily.
You should also keep in mind that you can experience long-term issues if you go through Kratom withdrawal without proper mental care by your side:
- Problems with Memory
- Trouble Concentrating
- Intense Fatigue
Lastly, we also need to mention one more thing. Remember how we said that Kratom acts similar to other opiates? Well, that means that your Kratom withdrawal process can be similar to the opiate withdrawal process.
And, since opiate withdrawal can be deadly, it’s definitely something worth noting.
“So Then, What Can I Do?”
The safest and most reliable way to overcome Kratom withdrawal symptoms in a healthy way is to rely on Kratom detox treatments.
If you’re not sure why, here’s what you should know about the benefits of such programs.
Kratom Detox Programs – Why They’re the Right Option
Simply put, here’s what you would get to enjoy if you were to rely on inpatient Kratom detox:
- Medical Assistance
- Thorough Mental Care
- A Sober Environment
- Round-the-Clock Supervision
- Specialized Support
- Educational Courses
Basically, professional staff with medical knowledge will make sure every single one of your needs is met, and that your health is never in danger.
Still, we know all this info won’t do wonders for you right now, so we won’t leave you hanging. Here are some pointers to help you alleviate some Kratom withdrawal symptoms – if you’re dealing with them already – until you get the help you need:
- Discuss what you’re going through with family members and friends. That kind of support is exactly what you need right now.
- Reduce your workload. Eliminating as much stress as possible is important. We even recommend taking hot baths and wearing comfortable clothing indoors to keep symptoms such as anxiety and discomfort from getting out of hand.
- Engage in regular exercises. That might not sound too ideal in this situation, but exercises can improve your body’s metabolism and prevent the onset of anxiety and depression.
That’s not all, though. We’ve actually got amazing news as well.
You won’t have to do any tiresome research to find the best Kratom detox treatment facilities at all!
That’s because you already came to the right place. So, you won’t have to worry about having to keep alleviating Kratom withdrawal symptoms for too long, as you’ll be able to let real professionals take care of that instead.
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Kratom Withdrawal Help You Deserve
We have plenty of experience with providing people with the Kratom withdrawal help they require. With our assistance, you’ll be able to recover in a friendly, emotionally-secure, and risk-free environment.
But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what others had to say about our Kratom detox services:
“The quality of therapists is extremely high. Clinicians and support staff are extremely dedicated. Able to provide a wide variety of services and options. The facilities are well designed and comfortable. Most often treatment centers offer either a 12 Step or non-12 Step approach, rarely do they offer both as does BLVD. BLVD Centers are also located in the metropolitan area with access to all of the benefits a city has to offer.”
It’s great at what it does. Easy to understand. I had a great experience with the facility. They were very kind and involving with the care and treatment. Would definitely recommend to those in need.
Actually, speaking of rehab services, here’s what our inpatient facilities can offer you:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – Our medical experts are able to offer you the medical assistance you require to ensure you don’t have to experience any painful Kratom withdrawal symptoms.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff works round-the-clock to make sure that you never feel like you are facing your Kratom withdrawal process on your own.
- Personalized Rehab – We employ recovery specialists who can use all the personal and medical data you provide to design a completely individualized Kratom detox treatment just for you.
- Proper Privacy – We don’t force you to hand over your cell phones or laptops when you check into our rehab centers.
- Transport Assistance – If you need help getting to our rehab centers, you would definitely be happy to know that we can handle travel arrangements on your behalf. What’s more, we can even ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you want.
As for our inpatient rehab centers, they are located in exclusive, quiet areas in Corona and Hollywood. You’ll be spending your recovery at luxurious and very spacious facilities, and also get to enjoy wonderful services and amenities:
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy
- HDTV with Cable
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- An Overall Relaxing Atmosphere
There’s more, of course. We also offer access to intensive outpatient Kratom detox programs – just the thing you would need post-rehab.
And don’t worry – we offer 2 flexible programs, so you won’t have to drastically alter your day-to-day schedule at all:
- The Day Program – You can take advantage of top-notch support Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – We are also ready to offer assistance every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Are these outpatient treatments worth it? Well, just take a look at everything you’ll get to enjoy:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- SMART Recovery
- Drum Circles
- Process Therapy Groups
- Healthy Relationships Groups
- Relapse Prevention
- Family System Approaches
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- A Wide Variety of Recovery Tracks:
- Primetime Track
- 12-Step-Based Track
- Non-12-Step-Based Track
- LGBTQ-Affirmative Track
Everything sounds great?
We’re happy to hear that. Here are the many outpatient facilities you’ll be able to choose from if you opt for this Kratom detox option as well:
Call 888-537-6671 to Get Proper Kratom Withdrawal Help!
We are available 24/7, and are more than looking forward to helping you get the Kratom withdrawal help you need.
What’s more, we care about your privacy, so we ensure that every single phone call you make is 100% confidential. In fact, we go the extra mile and don’t even keep insurance records and credit cards on file.
As for payments, here are the possibilities:
- Firstly, it’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover your rehab costs. Eligibility can be determined within the same day.
- If that’s not possible, you might be eligible for our inclusive financial assistance programs.
- Alternatively, we also offer access to budget-friendly payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly or bi-weekly.
Lastly, you should know you won’t have to deal with any waitlist. That’s because most of our patients can start their Kratom detox within 24 hours of contacting us.
So, call 888-537-6671 or contact us online. We will make sure you get proper Kratom withdrawal help so that you can regain full control of your life.