How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
If you’ve recently started wondering “How long does marijuana stay in your system?” you should know you’re not the only one. In fact, around 94 million people in the US use marijuana, and most of the mare asking the same question every day.
That’s mostly because marijuana drug tests have become more prominent nowadays – especially in the work force; many jobs and job interviews actually require people to take a marijuana drug test to be considered eligible or to keep their job.
What’s more, law enforcement officials also rely on such tests.
So then, how long does marijuana stay in your system?
Basically, it depends on the test in question (as well as some other factors, but we’ll get to that in a moment).
This is the most common way to test for traces of marijuana in someone’s system. Why? Because urine tests are cost-efficient and have a very long detection period. In fact, the detection period is directly influenced by how often you smoke marijuana.
Essentially, here’s a quick rundown:
- Single Use – Traces can be spotted up to 8 days.
- Frequent Use – Traces can be spotted up to 15 days.
- Regular Use – Traces can be spotted up to 30 days.
- Heavy Use – Traces can be spotted up to 45-77 days.
These tests have the shortest detection period, and are usually employed by the police.
Here’s how long saliva tests can spot traces of marijuana in your system according to usage:
- Single Use – Up to 24 hours.
- Frequent Use – Up to 72 hours.
- Heavy Use – Up to 1 week.
Hair testing for marijuana use is not very common. Still, marijuana is considered to have the longest detection window in hair.
All in all, traces can be spotted as soon as 7 days after you last had a smoke, and even up to 90 days afterwards.
Like hair tests, blood tests for marijuana use are not too common, as THC metabolites don’t stay in the blood for a long period.
Regardless, here’s how long blood tests can spot traces of marijuana in your system:
- Single Use – Up to 24 hours.
- Frequent Use – Up to 3 days.
- Heavy Use – Up to 1 week.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System? The Answer Can Also Depend a Few Factors
- Your body fat levels – Since THC metabolites tend to get stored within fat cells, your weight can influence the break-down process.
- Your metabolism and health – Being healthy directly affects your metabolism which, in turn, influences at what rate THC metabolites are eliminated from your system.
- What you consume – The type and quality of the marijuana you consume can influence how many THC metabolites are released in your system.
Do You Have a Marijuana Abuse Problem?
If you start asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your system?” too often, it might be because you’re abusing the drug too much.
Sure, you might think that marijuana is a harmless drug – after all, that’s how the media depicts it, right?
However, the reality is far from that. Not only can you actually develop a marijuana use disorder (similar to addiction), but you will also experience negative side effects and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms if you abuse marijuana too often and for a long period.
Marijuana Abuse – Health Risks and Withdrawal Symptoms
Is marijuana really that troublesome?
Sadly, it is. No matter how much people would want to have you believe it’s a worry-free drug, that’s simply not true. In reality, abusing marijuana can lead to the onset of serious health issues and nasty side effects.
To help you get an idea of what we’re talking about, here is a short list of health complications you might develop if you abuse marijuana for too long:
- Immunity Suppression
- Persistent Red Eyes
- Decreased Sperm Count
- Decreased Testosterone
- Increased Prolactin Levels in Women
- Increased Risk of Lung Cancer
- Increased Risk of Respiratory Problems
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease
- An Early Onset of Psychosis
- Impaired Judgment and Cognition
Sounds quite scary, right?
Well, keep in mind that if you abuse marijuana for too long, your body and brain will get used to the chemicals that are found in the drug.
Therefore, once you’ll stop smoking it, some withdrawal symptoms will start kicking in:
- Severe Anxiety
- Stomach Discomfort
- Constant Yawning
What’s more, in certain cases of heavy marijuana abuse, you might experience anorexia, irritability, unexplained anger, and even disturbing dreams.
And just like when you first asked “How long does weed stay in your system?” and we discussed what aspects can influence that, we now have to mention that there are various factors that can influence how intense your withdrawal can be as well:
- If there is a history of drug abuse in your family.
- If you use other drugs alongside marijuana.
- If you drink alcohol alongside smoking marijuana.
- How long you have been smoking marijuana for.
- How often you smoke marijuana.
- The amount of marijuana you smoke.
Lastly, you should keep in mind that since THC tends to have a long-lasting impact on your system, you are likely to experience these withdrawal symptoms for up to a few weeks or even months.
As you can see, “How long does weed stay in your system?” is the last thing you will be worrying about if you start experiencing any of these health complications or withdrawal symptoms.
Is There Anything You Can Do?
Yes, there are some things you can try to alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms:
- You should take a hot bath on a regular basis. Not only will it help you get rid of some of the physical discomfort, but it can also help you relax better.
- Since you might be dealing with excessive sweating, your body will be low in potassium. So, you should eat food that contains high levels of potassium like melons, bananas, tomatoes, and citrus fruits.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, since nausea, sweating, and vomiting can easily dehydrate it.
- Stop drinking any caffeine or eating food that contains caffeine in order to sleep better.
- Exercise regularly, as it will do wonders for your mental wellbeing, and it will also speed up your body’s healing process.
Now, we’re more than happy to offer you such helpful advice, but we do need to stress one fact: You can’t solely rely on these pointers to help you overcome your marijuana use disorder. They can help alleviate some of the discomfort you might experience, but that’s about it.
So, What’s the Solution Then?
Clearly, just wondering “How long does marijuana stay in your system?”, finding the answers, and learning about some useful tips won’t be enough to help you overcome your struggle with marijuana abuse.
No, in this situation, you need professional help, which comes in the form of both inpatient and outpatient detox centers.
Simply put, by turning to such facilities for help, you’d get to enjoy:
- Proper Mental Care
- Quality Medical Assistance
- Top-Notch Emotional Support
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- A Completely Safe, Sober Environment
Just keep in mind you must do everything in your power to choose the best detox facility – nothing less will do!
Of course, that’s easier said than done – especially if you’re currently dealing with the onset of withdrawal. After all, spending countless hours researching rehab centers doesn’t sound pleasant, right?
Well, no need to worry about that, as you already found the right rehab facilities!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Best Path to Recovery
If you choose our services, you will no longer have to keep asking yourself “How long does marijuana stay in your system?” That’s because we will take care of everything on your behalf, while you will get to just enjoy a smooth, hassle-free recovery process.
Don’t believe us? Well, just take a look at what other satisfied patients had to say about our services:
“The facility is designed and furnished really well. I never felt like I wanted to leave early, or like I didn’t want to be there. Everyone’s case manager was awesome. I would have been happy with any of them being my case manager. The facilitators always had new material. It was great. The staff really took their time with me. I had a rough time this last time out, and they loved me back to feeling good about self. It was so much fun too. I was at Blvd for just over 3 months and never got tired of it. That’s important if you’re in treatment, trust me.”
“The quality of therapists is extremely high. Clinicians and support staff are extremely dedicated. Able to provide a wide variety of services and options. The facilities are well designed and comfortable. Most often treatment centers offer either a 12 Step or non-12 Step approach, rarely do they offer both as does BLVD. BLVD Centers are also located in the metropolitan area with access to all of the benefits a city has to offer.”
In fact, here is what kind of assistance we can offer you in case you require inpatient detox:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – If you experience any withdrawal symptoms that cause you too much discomfort, our medical experts can alleviate your pain by administering you proper counter-drugs.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff works round-the-clock to ensure every single one of your needs is met. What’s more, this way, you’ll never feel like you are facing your withdrawal on your own.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our detox centers? No problem! We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf. Not only that, but we can also ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you deem it necessary.
- Personalized Treatments – We employ recovery specialists who can take all the personal info and medical data you provide into account to design an individualized rehab program just for you.
And – best of all – we also offer access to top-notch mental care services! Seeing as how the psychological withdrawal symptoms are the worst in the case of marijuana withdrawal, you need all the professional help you can get in this situation.
Furthermore, you’ll be happy to know that if you choose our inpatient detox services, you’ll be able to spend your recovery at our luxurious, spacious, and very welcoming Corona and Hollywood facilities.
By doing that, you won’t just enjoy quiet, exclusive surroundings, but amazing services and amenities too:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- HDTV with Cable
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- A Completely Sober and Comfortable Environment
We Also Offer Intensive Outpatient Programs!
Say your marijuana abuse isn’t that severe, and you only require some decent motivation and support in your life. Well, our outpatient services are just what you need then!
You won’t have to stay overnight, and we offer 2 very flexible programs:
- The Day Program – We’re ready to offer you quality assistance Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – You can also count on us every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 6PM to 9PM.
So, you won’t have to drastically change your day-to-day schedule at all.
Plus, we will offer you access to various activities and services that will help you stay on track, and keep true to your recovery:
- SMART Recovery
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- Wellness Groups
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- Process Therapy Groups
- Nutritious Culinary Services
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP)
- Family System Approaches
- A Choice between Different Tracks:
- Equine/Music/Art Therapy
Sounds amazing, right?
Well, keep in mind that we will also provide access to educational courses that will answers questions such as:
- How can you handle stress during recovery?
- What measures should you take to avoid relapse triggers?
- How long does weed stay in your system, and does it have a long-term impact?
- What steps are necessary to fully re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab?
- How do you know you’re having a healthy relationship during recovery?
As for our outpatient facilities themselves, they are elegant, have a funky atmosphere, and you’ll definitely love the time you’ll be spending there.
Right now, we have many centers located in numerous cities throughout the country:
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System? Call 8885376671 to Find Out and Get the Help You Need!
We are available 24/7, as we understand how vital proper timing is in this situation. Once you contact us, one of our recovery experts will answer all your questions, and they will do a clinical assessment to see which detox program would best suit you.
What’s more, they will also check your financial info to see if your insurance provider can fully cover your rehab costs. We can usually give you a clear answer within the same day.
If that isn’t possible – don’t worry. We also offer access to very inclusive financial assistance programs.
Alternatively, you can also opt for budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can accommodate bi-weekly payments too.
Oh, and don’t worry about your privacy. We go to great lengths to keep it safe:
- We don’t keep any insurance records on file.
- We don’t keep any credit cards on file.
- We make sure that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
Once everything is settled, you’ll be able to start your recovery immediately! Our specialists will be in touch with you until you arrive at our facilities to ensure you are okay.
And no, you won’t have to deal with any waitlists at all. In fact, most of our patients can usually start their recovery within 24 hours of contacting us.
So, call 8885376671 or contact us online. Stop worrying and asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your system?” and get in touch with us today.
We will make sure you’ll enjoy a healthy, emotionally-secure, and risk-free recovery!