How Long Does Weed Stay in Your Saliva?
Have you been asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your saliva?” quite often recently? Is it because you have an upcoming drug test in the near future and are worried about the results?
Well, we understand your concern – especially since marijuana drug tests have become quite common nowadays, particularly when it comes to job interviews. Even law officials tend to rely on these tests.
So then, how long does weed stay in your saliva? Is the saliva drug test efficient at all?
Not exactly. In fact, saliva tests actually have the shortest detection period when it comes to locating traces of marijuana in your system.
Essentially, here’s how long saliva tests can spot traces of marijuana depending on how often you use the drug:
- Single Use – Up to 24 hours
- Frequent Use – Up to 72 hours
- Heavy Use – Up to 1 week
Also, you should keep in mind that – sometimes – the results can vary a bit. That usually depends on certain factors:
- What type of marijuana you smoke. Yes, the quality of the herb can influence the whole internal break-down process.
- How much you weigh. If you have high fat levels, there is a chance that THC will be present for a slightly longer period in your body. Why? Because THC is usually stored in fat cells.
- Your overall health, as it directly impacts your metabolism. Basically, the healthier you are, the faster your metabolism works, and the sooner your body will manage to break down THC metabolites and eliminate them.
All in all, the situation isn’t so bad – unless you’re a heavy user, of course. If that’s the case, then things aren’t looking too good for you.
“Why Is Being a Heavy Marijuana User Bad?”
Because marijuana isn’t the risk-free drug everyone likes to think it is. In fact, if you use the drug too often, there’s a high chance you will end up developing marijuana use disorder (which is similar to addiction).
That’s not even all, though. If you’re a heavy user, your body has pretty much grown accustomed to the chemicals found in marijuana. As a result, if you ever stop smoking it, you will start experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms:
- Constant yawning
- Stomach Discomfort
- Intense Anxiety
- Disturbing Dreams
And let’s not forget about all the dangerous health complications you might develop in the long run if you keep abusing marijuana:
- Increased Prolactin Levels in Women
- Decreased Testosterone
- Decreased Sperm Count
- Immunity Suppression
- Persistent Red Eyes
- Increased Risk of Respiratory Problems
- Increased Risk of Lung Cancer
- Impaired Judgment
- Impaired Cognition
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease
- An Early Onset of Psychosis
Sounds quite terrifying, right?
Well, there’s more info you need to be aware of. For one, the withdrawal symptoms we just mentioned can become worse depending on certain aspects:
- How often you smoke marijuana.
- How long you have been smoking marijuana for.
- If there is a history of drug abuse in your family.
- If you drink alcohol alongside smoking marijuana.
- If you mix marijuana with other drugs.
- What amount of marijuana you smoke.
Plus, here’s the kicker: THC usually has a prolonged impact on your system. As a result, you might experience the withdrawal symptoms we just mentioned for a few weeks or even months.
If that ever happens, we think it would be safe to say that “How long does weed stay in your saliva?” will be the last thing on your mind.
So Then, What Can You Do?
Generally, your best bet is to seek professional help – be it in the form of inpatient or outpatient detox. It’s the only way to safely overcome your marijuana use disorder.
Of course, until you manage to find the right facility, get in touch with the staff, and make arrangements for your rehab, there’s a chance you might experience some nasty withdrawal symptoms.
Fortunately, there is a way to alleviate them. Here are some things you can try, for instance:
- Avoid drinking anything that contains caffeine, as you’ll have an easier time sleeping this way.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Don’t forget that all the sweating, nausea, and vomiting you might experience will leave your body severely dehydrated.
- Engage in regular exercises. It’s the best way to keep depression and anxiety at bay. Plus, it will do wonders for your metabolism.
- Lastly, try to make yourself comfortable. Taking a hot bath, wearing pleasant, comfy clothes, reading a good book curled up in bed – anything like that can help alleviate the stress and physical discomfort you might be dealing with.
Still, you’re probably wondering right now “How can I make sure I find the best detox center there is?”
Normally, the whole process is quite tiresome, and you’d have to spend quite a lot of hours on thorough research.
However, you’re in luck right now, as you already found the most efficient rehab options out there!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Best Way to Regain Control of Your Life
“How long does weed stay in your saliva?” That won’t be anything you’ll need to worry about anymore once you rely on us for proper care.
We understand how marijuana use disorder works, and we have plenty of experience with helping people like you overcome it. Of course, you don’t just have to take our word for it – here’s what other satisfied patients had to say about our services:
“The quality of therapists is extremely high. Clinicians and support staff are extremely dedicated. Able to provide a wide variety of services and options. The facilities are well designed and comfortable. Most often treatment centers offer either a 12 Step or non-12 Step approach, rarely do they offer both as does BLVD. BLVD Centers are also located in the metropolitan area with access to all of the benefits a city has to offer.”
“The facility is designed and furnished really well. I never felt like I wanted to leave early, or like I didn’t want to be there. Everyone’s case manager was awesome. I would have been happy with any of them being my case manager. The facilitators always had new material. It was great. The staff really took their time with me. I had a rough time this last time out, and they loved me back to feeling good about self. It was so much fun too. I was at Blvd for just over 3 months and never got tired of it. That’s important if you’re in treatment, trust me.”
And yes, we know that marijuana abuse comes in many forms. That’s why we offer access to both inpatient and outpatient rehab services.
Are you worried your marijuana abuse habits will put your health in danger once you stop smoking? Then our residential recovery specialist can offer you exactly what you need:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – You will be administered the right counter-drugs to ensure you don’t experience any pain during your withdrawal.
- Personalized Rehab – We employ professionals who can analyze all the personal and medical data you provide in order to design a completely individualized detox treatment just for you.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Our staff will keep you under surveillance all the time. Thus, you’ll never feel like you are on your own, and there’s no risk that you will become addicted to the counter-drugs you are administered.
- Transport Assistance – If you need help getting to our facilities, we can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and even make sure you get to travel alongside a sober companion.
Oh, and don’t worry about your privacy. When you check in at our rehab centers, we don’t make you give up your cell phones and laptops.
Actually, speaking of our facilities, you’ll definitely be pleased to know they are luxurious and spacious centers that are located in exclusive areas in Corona and Hollywood. What’s more, you’ll get to enjoy amazing services and amenities as well:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Quality Group Therapy
- Social Events
- HDTV with Cable
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- A Completely Sober Environment
In case you are a regular user, but are not at risk of dealing with an extremely severe withdrawal process, our outpatient programs are just the right choice for you.
What’s more, you can opt for this treatment option even when you finish your inpatient treatment, as it’s just the kind of motivation and support you need post-rehab.
What makes our outpatient services worth it? Well, here’s just a glimpse at the activities and services we provide:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Qi-Gong, Yoga, or Tai-Chi
- SMART Recovery
- Drum Circles
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Excellent Culinary Services
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- Family System Approaches
- Holistic Approaches to Recovery
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Best of all – you don’t have to settle for just a single recovery track. In fact, we offer many options in that regard:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- LGBTQ-Affirmative Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
That’s not all, though. We also offer access to educational courses that aim to answer questions such as:
- How can you re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab?
- Is it possible to have a healthy, normal relationship during recovery?
- How long does weed stay in your saliva, and does it have any long-term effects?
- How can you better handle addiction triggers?
- What measures do you need to take to ensure you don’t relapse?
As for our outpatient rehab facilities, we have numerous centers located in many cities throughout the country:
How Long Does Weed Stay in Your Saliva? Call 888-537-6671 to Learn Everything You Want to Know
We are available 24/7, so you won’t have to worry about having to wait around for minutes on end until someone finally answers your call. Plus, our phones are manned by recovery experts who will provide you with all the answers you need, and help you pick the right detox treatment as well.
What’s more, our specialists will keep in touch with you until you arrive at our detox facilities.
Payment-wise, you should know that it’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover your detox costs. Eligibility can usually be determined within the same day, in fact.
If that is not possible, though, you might be eligible for some of our very inclusive financial assistance programs instead.
Alternatively, we also offer access to budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can also accommodate bi-weekly payments if it’s necessary.
And no, there’s no reason to worry about your private data. We go the extra mile to ensure your privacy is safe and sound:
- We don’t keep any insurance records on file.
- We don’t keep any credit cards on file.
- We make sure that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
And here’s the best part – you can begin your recovery within 24 hours of contacting us if everything’s in order. Yes, that means you won’t have to deal with any waitlists at all.
So, call 888-537-6671 or contact us online. Stop asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your saliva?” and make a decision that will change your life for the better today.