Xanax Withdrawal – What You Need to Know
Xanax withdrawal is not something you can take lightly, as it’s the kind of drug that can cause addiction in people who use it for more than a month. Not to mention that the withdrawal symptoms can become quite intense if you don’t have any medical supervision to rely on.
But let’s start with what really interests you right now – how soon you can expect to experience any withdrawal symptoms and how long they tend to last.
Well, here’s the rundown:
- 6-12 hour after your last dose – That is when the symptoms start to make themselves noticed.
- 2-4 days after your last dose – During this period, the withdrawal symptoms reach their peak and can become extremely unbearable, which can result in you relapsing without any medical assistance by your side.
- 7-14 days after your last dose – During this phase, some of the withdrawal symptoms start to decrease in severity.
- 15+ days after your last dose – By this time, most of the symptoms you’ve been dealing with will start to go away.
We should add that just because the 15+ days phase might seem like it’s the end of the addiction doesn’t mean it really is. In fact, if you are unlucky enough, you might develop Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms. Essentially, they are similar to Xanax withdrawal symptoms, but they occur randomly and can last up to 2 years!
The best way to prevent that from happening is to get immediate help.
XANAX WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
Moving on, let’s discuss withdrawal symptoms themselves. Here are the kind of things you might experience:
- Teeth Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Intense Anxiety
- Blurred Vision
- Thoughts of Suicide
Please remember you are not likely to experience every single one of these symptoms. What’s more, the variety and intensity of your Xanax withdrawal symptoms can be influenced by various factors, such as:
- High stress levels
- Family history of drug abuse
- Medical complications
- The social environment you live in
- How long you’ve been taking Xanax for
- The dosage
- If you’ve been taking Xanax alongside other drugs
- Consumption of alcohol
- Method of ingestion
As you can see, everyone experiences a different Xanax withdrawal. However, the solution is the same in all cases – relying on residential detox services.
But before we get to that, we would like to address one more thing.
Is It Possible to Handle Xanax Withdrawal on Your Own?
You’re certainly not the first to ask this. Sadly, the answer is not one you’d like to hear. Essentially, no, it’s not possible nor is it safe to deal with this all by yourself.
And we’re not saying that because we think you do not have what it takes to give up Xanax for good. By all means, you might have amazing goals and true willpower. However, the truth is that during withdrawal, you will experience intense drug cravings which can make it very easy for you to relapse.
Not only that, but you might even overdo it and take too much Xanax. As a result, it’s very possible to suffer an overdose, which can be fatal!
Even worse, if the cravings don’t get to you, the withdrawal symptoms surely will. Basically, if you try to quit Xanax “cold turkey,” you risk experiencing traumatizing things like convulsions, hallucinations, seizures, and psychosis, for example.
Lastly, you must keep in mind that unsupervised withdrawal can be dangerous too. There has even been a case of a Xanax user who only took a dose for 6 days, decided to quit “cold turkey,” and unfortunately died 4 days later.
Thus, it’s quite obvious that it’s in your best interest to rely on professional help in this situation.
Now, we do realize you might have second thoughts, especially if you don’t know what to expect from residential rehab.
So, we’re going to clear the air for you by addressing certain misconceptions about Xanax inpatient treatment and showcasing how such services can benefit you.
3 Myths about Residential Xanax Withdrawal Treatment
Let’s start with the misconceptions, as there are certainly plenty of them making the rounds on the Internet. Here are some of the most common residential rehab-related myths you probably might have heard:
1. Inpatient Detox Is Too Expensive
This is the kind of thing that puts off many Xanax addiction victims from getting the help they need – and it’s a huge shame, as it endangers their lives!
Well, we’re happy to say that this is just a misconception and nothing more. In fact, most of the time, your insurance provider will likely cover all the costs associated with your rehab treatment.
Even if that’s not possible, most reputable rehab centers provide financial assistance programs which you might be eligible for.
2. Residential Rehab Is Painful
This could not be further from the truth. Still, we understand why you might believe this, especially after everything we just said about Xanax withdrawal.
However, you must understand that residential detox facilities only employ medical specialists to take care of you. Not only will they offer you round-the-clock supervision to ensure everything is in order, but they will also provide you with medically-assisted detox.
Consequently, you won’t experience any horrible withdrawal symptoms that might cause psychological trauma. This way, you’ll be free to just focus on your recovery.
And no, there’s no risk that you will get addicted to the drugs you’ll be administered instead. Since you’ll be under careful supervision, you will have your dosage adjusted accordingly so that there’s no addiction risk.
3. You Feel like You’re Being Hospitalized
Not at all! You might think that inpatient rehab facilities look and feel like hospitals, but it’s the complete opposite.
In reality, rehab centers often offer luxurious, chic, and comfortable accommodations. Not to mention that the facilities themselves are usually located in quiet, beautiful areas. That, and they usually provide you with top-notch services and amenities that are sure to live up to your expectations.
Feeling Better about the Idea of Inpatient Treatment?
We’re happy to hear that. So, let’s move on to what kind of benefits residential rehab centers can offer someone like you.
INPATIENT XANAX WITHDRAWAL – THE ADVANTAGES
To make a long story short, here are some of the things you will get to enjoy if you opt or residential detox treatment:
- Emotional Support – One of the best things about these services is that you will get to talk things out with people who are in the same situation as you. Thus, during group therapy sessions, you will see that you are not alone in your struggle, and you will get the motivation and support you need to stay true to your rehab program. What’s more, you will have an easy time placing your trust in these people, as you know they are speaking from experience.
- Proper Structure – What we mean by this is that residential rehab facilities can offer you a well-developed journey to recovery. Everything is taken into account, so there’s no chance you will relapse or have a difficult time sticking to your treatment.
- A Nutritious Diet – Yes, even something as simple as a balanced diet can do wonders for someone in your position. That’s because proper nutrition can offer your body the nutrients and strength it needs when undergoing withdrawal. Well, inpatient centers are extremely keen on offering their patients only the healthiest and most nutritious meals there are.
- Thorough Counseling – You will also get to discuss your situation and addiction issues with a trained specialist. This way, you will finally find the true cause of your Xanax addiction, and you will also understand how drug dependence works and how it can really impact your life.
Everything sounds great?
Awesome – just remember to choose the best inpatient detox program there is if you want to truly get the assistance you need and deserve.
Luckily, that’s something we can help you with.
Overcome Xanax Withdrawal with the Help of Real Professionals
At BLVD Treatment Centers, you will find the best medical and mental care you could ask for. We don’t just have years of experience with helping Xanax addiction victims regain their independence, but we can also ensure you get to enjoy a stress-free, emotionally-secure, and comfortable environment.
After all, our residential detox centers are located in exclusive, quiet areas in Corona and Hollywood. Amazing sights, walkable neighborhoods, and a relaxing atmosphere – those are just some of the things you’ll get to enjoy during your rehab.
Of course, it doesn’t stop there. We also provide:
- Fun, Exciting Social Events
- 24/7 Medical Supervision
- HDTV with Cable
- Chef-Prepared, Healthy Gourmet Meals
- An Aftercare Program
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- One-on-One Counseling
Those are just some of the highlight, though. The main aspects you will love about our inpatient detox treatment include:
- Convenient Transport Services – We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and even ensure you will travel hassle-free and alongside a sober companion if you want.
- Medically-Assisted Detox – We only hire medical specialists who can monitor your condition to make sure you can overcome your addiction without having to experience any painful, traumatic withdrawal symptoms.
- An Individualized Xanax Withdrawal Treatment – Our recovery experts will also take all the health and background info you provide, and they will come up with a personalized rehab program that meets each and every one of your needs.
Oh, and that’s not all.
Once you are done with your inpatient rehab, you can continue attending our outpatient detox courses if you want.
If you do that, you’ll get to take advantage of amazing experiences like equine/art/music therapy, acupuncture, drum circles, Yoga, and even creative therapeutic groups – just to name a few examples.
Not only that, but we also provide educational courses that address numerous issues:
- Adjusting to family dynamics post-rehab
- How to have a relationship when you’re sober
- What you can to do make sure you never relapse
- How Xanax withdrawal and addiction actually work at their core
And many other interesting subjects.
Plus, you won’t have to make any adjustments to your daily schedule to attend out outpatient programs. That’s because we offer 2 flexible options:
- The Day Program – Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – Every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Right now, we have numerous outpatient centers located in various cities across the country;
- West Los Angeles
- Orange County
- San Diego
Call 888-537-6671 to Enjoy a Risk-Free and Safe Xanax Withdrawal Process
Our phones are manned by treatment professionals 24/7, and every single call you make is completely confidential. Moreover, out specialists will address any concern you have and provide you with adequate answers.
They will also assess your financial info. Why? Because it’s extremely likely that your insurance provider will fully cover your treatment costs.
Of course, if that’s not possible, it’s not the end of the road. That’s because we also provide access to financial assistance programs, and you would surely be eligible for them.
Alternatively, you can opt for private payment plans. We don’t keep any credit cards and insurance records on file, and our fees are billed monthly. However, we can also accommodate bi-weekly payments if it’s necessary.
The last thing we should mention is that once we handle everything on your behalf, you can start your recovery within 24 hours.
Quite convenient, right?
After all, we want to do everything in our power to make sure you regain control of your life the right way.
So, call 8885376671 today or just get in touch with us online – whichever method you are more comfortable with.