Understanding Alcohol Withdrawal
If you’re one of the 15 million people in the country who are struggling with Alcohol Use Disorder, you probably are curious to learn about the alcohol withdrawal timeline.
After all, withdrawal symptoms might kick in anywhere between 6 hours and a day after you had your last drink. Of course, the symptoms can vary – especially in intensity.
Essentially, the withdrawal timeline can be broken down into 3 phases:
- Phase 1 – This phase usually starts around 8 hours after your last drink. You are likely to experience abdominal pain, nausea, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Phase 2 – The second phase tends to manifest anywhere between 24 and 72 hours after your last drink. Symptoms include increased body temperature, an unusually elevated heart rate, confusion, irritability, sweating, and a sudden spike in your blood pressure levels.
- Phase 3 (Delirium Tremens) – The last phase takes place 72+ hours after you had your last drink. Basically, this is the worst one, as you can experience hallucinations, extreme confusion, severe agitation, seizures, and fever.
Now, we know you might be a little scared after you read the about the last phase. Still, you don’t have to despair. Luckily, only around 3-5% of alcoholics actually experience delirium tremens (DTs).
However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take any precautions. And no, we don’t mean trying to detox on your own.
Quitting Alcohol on Your Own – Not the Best Idea
Just because you now have a better understanding of the alcohol withdrawal timeline doesn’t mean you can fight your alcohol dependence on your own.
Yes, it is true that some of the withdrawal symptoms will start to decrease after 5-7 days. So, you just have to get through the initial withdrawal phases and you’re all good, right?
Well, no. Even if some of the symptoms might decrease after 5-7 days, that doesn’t mean you’ll be in the clear. In fact, without proper treatment, some side effects – the psychological ones, usually – might still affect you for several weeks.
And if you don’t get professional help, those symptoms can really get to you.
Not to mention that DTs can occur at random intervals, so you can’t really prepare yourself to deal with them. That pretty much means you can’t leave your home at all if you’re trying to detox on your own, as DTs could always manifest when you’re out in public.
What’s more, trying to quit “cold turkey” can actually endanger your life! Your brain and central nervous system will experience a serious rebound, after all, and that can be fatal if it’s not closely monitored by medical professionals.
Plus, let’s face it, there’s no guarantee you won’t relapse if you try to detox on your own. Sure, it’s easy to claim that you won’t drink again, but when the alcohol withdrawal timeline symptoms become too intense, you might just give in.
Even worse, if you’ll start drinking in that situation, you will only damage your psyche and body.
Now, do understand that we’re not saying this to discourage you – nor do we want to insinuate that you don’t have enough strength and courage to overcome your alcohol dependence. We’re just saying that this is an unnecessary risk you don’t have to take, as there is an easier, safer alternative.
Instead of trying to handle this on your own, you should turn to residential alcohol rehab facilities for help.
How Inpatient Rehab Can Help You Triumph against Alcohol Withdrawal Timeline Symptoms
When it comes to residential rehab, you will get the professional care you need and deserve. Basically, here’s what you can look forward to:
- 24/7 Medical Supervision – Residential detox centers only employ medical professionals who have a proper understanding of the alcohol withdrawal timeline. This way, the facilities ensure you will experience a stress-free, healthy, and secure withdrawal process.
- Medically-Assisted Detox – This is essential when it comes to alcohol withdrawal. Your life will not be in danger, as you will be given proper medication that will help you overcome your aalcohol dependence without having to experience traumatic withdrawal symptoms.
- Emotional Support – Residential detox centers don’t just offer you access to quality group therapy – although, that definitely helps a lot in this situation. You will also benefit from efficient one-on-one counseling session which will help you get to the real root of your alcohol abuse problems.
- A 100% Sober Environment – When you check into inpatient detox facilities, you at least know you are guaranteed to be alcohol-free for the duration of your withdrawal process and detox program.
- A Stress-Free Experience – During inpatient rehab, you won’t have to worry about anything, as the staff will handle everything on your behalf – yes, even travel arrangements! In turn, that lets you solely focus on your own recovery without having to be distracted by any negative aspects at all.
Overcome Alcohol Withdrawal with the Help of BLVD Treatment Centers
We here at BLDV Treatment Centers have been helping people like you get over their alcohol dependence for a long while now. We can do the same for you, and we can make sure you will enjoy a safe recovery in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Thanks to our professional care, you won’t have to worry about the alcohol withdrawal timeline and its symptoms getting the best of you. That’s because we offer specialized inpatient treatment programs that provide medically-assisted detox.
As a result, your life will never be at risk while you go through the withdrawal process. Not only that, but we also tailor the detox treatment according to your needs. Thus, you can take advantage of an individualized rehab program that will definitely help you recover.
Plus, if you need help getting to our rehab centers, we can handle travel arrangements for you. Essentially, we can provide quality transport services and make sure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you so desire.
Actually, speaking of our rehab facilities, you’ll love the fact that they are located in quiet, exclusive neighborhoods in Corona and Hollywood. That, and the fact that they are luxurious, chic, and unique-looking centers will surely please you.
When you arrive, you’ll get to partake in all the quality services and amenities we offer:
- Round-the-Clock Nursing
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- HDTV with Cable
- Group Therapy
- One-on-One Therapy
- Counseling and Education
- A Reliable Aftercare Program
These are just the highlights, of course, as we offer so much more.
Even better, once you finish our rehab treatments, you won’t have to worry about being on your own and relapsing. That’s because we provide quality outpatient services as well at our facilities in:
- West Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Orange County
Actually, you can also take advantage of our outpatient programs if your alcohol abuse issue isn’t that severe. Basically, if your situation doesn’t really require inpatient detox and you have an active day-to-day schedule you can’t leave behind, our outpatient rehab services are an excellent fit.
Oh yeah, and since we mentioned schedules, you won’t have to alter yours in the slightest. We offer 2 very flexible programs, after all:
- The Day Program – We provide quality, educational courses on addiction-related subjects Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – We’ve got your back with thorough, information-rich courses on dealing with stress, family dynamics, and having a relationship while sober every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Education and counseling won’t be the only things you’ll enjoy, though, as we also offer wonderful things like equine/music/art therapy, acupuncture, drum circles, and Yoga.
Call 888-537-6671 to Get the Best Alcohol Withdrawal Treatment There Is
We’re available 24/7, and our phones are manned by professional treatment experts. They will help you choose the right detox program, answer any questions you have about the alcohol withdrawal timeline, and they will also assess your financial info to see if your insurance provider can fully cover your treatment.
If that’s not possible, you might be eligible for some of our financial assistance programs instead.
We also provide the option to choose private payment plans if you so desire. Fees are billed monthly, but we can also accommodate bi-weekly payments as well.
In case you’re worried about your privacy, here’s what you need to know:
- All our phone calls are 100% confidential.
- We don’t keep any credit cards on file.
- We don’t keep any insurance records on file.
Sounds great, right? Well, you’ll also love the fact that you can start your rehab within 24 hours after we’ve handled everything for you.
So, give us a call at 8885376671 or contact us online. We will make sure you will fully regain your independence and get rid of your harmful alcohol dependence once and for all in an emotionally-secure environment.