Does Heroin Addiction Rehab Success Rate Really Matter That Much?
Yes, finding a detox center with an excellent heroin addiction rehab success rate is paramount. After all, you have to be sure you are getting the help you need and deserve in this situation. Don’t forget that heroin abuse is dangerous, as the number of people who died from it has been on the rise since 2002.
Thus, choosing the right rehab facility could actually save your life. Unfortunately, since around 9.2 million people use heroin, that means you’re going to have to do plenty of research, as there are tons of rehab centers out there.
It might normally take plenty of time, but it’s definitely going to be worth it.
Of course, at this point, you might be asking yourself: “Why should I bother with all the research when I can just quit on my own?”
Well, instead of trying to explain why that train of thought is wrong, we’ll do you one better – we’ll illustrate that with the help of a story.
So, let’s take Josh and Keith, 2 young adults in their 20s who are struggling with heroin abuse, as the basis for our story. Josh decides to try quitting on his own, while Keith looks up a detox facility with a great heroin addiction rehab success rate instead.
Let’s see what happens.
Josh – How Heroin Withdrawal Can Be a Dangerous Gamble
Josh is quite the heavy heroin user, as he’s been taking heroin for over half a year now. Fortunately, he recently decided he wanted to quit the habit for good.
However, he wasn’t too keen on the idea of inpatient rehab, as he felt it would take too long to find a facility with a great heroin addiction rehab success rate. He also thought it would be very expensive.
So, he decided to try and quit on his own. “How bad can it be?” he kept telling himself.
He soon found out how bad heroin withdrawal gets, as withdrawal symptoms generally kick in around 6-12 hours after the last dose, and reach their peak approximately 1-3 days after the last dose.
Here are just some of the symptoms Josh had to put up with it:
- Constant Agitation
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Chills and Sweats
- Severe Anxiety
- Muscle Spasms
- Rapid Heart Rate
All those symptoms sound bad enough by themselves, but the ones Josh experienced were a bit more painful.
Well, remember when we said that Josh has been using heroin for well over 6 months now? That had a role to play, as it influenced the withdrawal symptoms he experienced and made them more severe.
In fact, there are a myriad of factors that could influence how bad one’s withdrawal gets:
- If there’s a family history of drug abuse.
- How often one takes heroin.
- What quantities of heroin one takes.
- If there is a genetic predisposition to becoming addicted.
- If one mixes heroin use with other vices (alcohol, for example).
Josh was actually quite lucky most of those factors weren’t characteristic of him. Otherwise, the symptoms would have been much painful.
Still, we can’t say the withdrawal process itself went well in the end. Unfortunately, Josh just couldn’t handle the symptoms anymore when they reached their peak, and he slowly started to give in to temptation.
Combine that with the fact that he was experiencing severe drug cravings, and you can understand why Josh ended up taking heroin in an attempt to alleviate his withdrawal symptoms. Sadly, he took too much heroin, and ended up suffering an overdose.
In turn, that resulted in him being hospitalized.
Now, while he did eventually overcome the withdrawal and got out of the hospital, he wasn’t quite in the clear. You see, since he didn’t get professional mental assistance during his withdrawal, Josh ended up developing Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms.
Basically, they are similar to normal heroin withdrawal symptoms (especially the mentally-specific symptoms), but they tend to occur at random intervals. That, and they can last up to a few years!
So, Josh ended up having to go to therapy the following years just to learn how to cope with the psychological symptoms so that he could at least live a partially normal life.
Overall, that sounds quite frightening, right?
Well, let’s see how Keith handled it.
Keith Made a Better Choice
He was in the same boat as Josh – namely, he has been using heroin for many months now. He also decided it was time to make a change and quit.
However, unlike Josh, he was very afraid of how bad the withdrawal process might get if he tried to quit on his own.
That’s why Keith decided to rely on a detox facility for help. Still, he needed to make sure he chose one that had an excellent heroin addiction rehab success rate.
Thus, after some research, he found out exactly how to tell if a detox center is likely to have a decent success rate. Basically, the facility must offer the following:
- Medical assistance – Medically-assisted detox is the only way to ensure that a heroin abuse victim manages to overcome the withdrawal process without suffering any pain. This way, he/she can focus on the recovery instead.
- Round-the-clock care – For a facility’s success rate to be positive, it’s imperative for it to offer its patients 24/7 nursing services.
- Educational courses – A top-notch detox facility also needs to offer its patients access to reliable addiction-related information. This way, they can learn about themselves, and also be bettered prepared for life post-rehab.
- Financial assistance – Not all heroin abuse victims can afford inpatient detox (Keith was actually in this situation too). So, for a detox center to be truly successful, it must offer potential patients access to financial assistance programs and insurance deals.
- Proper counseling – It’s not just enough to counter the withdrawal symptoms. For an addict to really overcome their heroin abuse, they need psychiatric help so that they can get to the root of the issue.
After learning all this info, Keith had an easy time finding a quality detox facility with a really good heroin addiction rehab success rate.
Unlike Josh, he experienced a relatively smooth withdrawal process, learned new things about himself and his addiction, and was able to fully regain control of his life.
Do You Understand the Importance of Professional Detox Services Now?
The character details in the story might be made-up, but the overall facts aren’t. While Josh might not exist in real life, what he went through is the same pain and trauma anyone who deals with heroin withdrawal on their own experiences.
Now, even though you’ve seen why it’s so crucial to find a detox center with a great heroin addiction rehab success rate (and even saw how you can find such a facility), you’re probably still not too happy about having to spend countless hours doing research.
We understand that, and we’ve actually got great news for you.
See, you won’t really have to do as much research as Keith did. That’s because you already found the best rehab facility there is!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Right Choice for You
We have the best heroin addiction rehab success rate there is. We have 73 official positive reviews – and counting! To quote one of our many satisfied former patients
“BLVD Treatment Centers in California and Portland, Oregon delivers innovative, quality treatment in an environment that is serene, beautiful and hip. I love being a part of opening the door so people can re-define or just find themselves. BLVD is the place that people of all ages can discover a joy for life and sobriety!”
It’s hardly surprising we received such positive feedback, especially when you consider all the services we offer. Basically, every one of our patients – including you – get to benefit from:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – We only hire professional medical specialists. With their help, you will be able to safely overcome heroin withdrawal without having to deal with any painful symptoms.
- Individualized Detox Treatments – We also employ recovery experts who will take all your background and medical info into account so that they can tailor a personalized rehab program just for you.
- 24/7 Medical Surveillance – Our staff is ready to offer you assistance round-the-clock. Thus, you’ll never feel like you are facing your heroin addiction on your own. Plus, it’s safe to say that all your needs will be met this way.
- Travel Assistance – If you need help getting to our detox facilities, we’ve got your back. We can handle transport arrangements on your behalf, and we can even make sure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you deem it necessary.
Of course, that’s not all. One reason why our heroin addiction rehab success rate is so great is because of our spacious, luxurious, and very welcoming inpatient detox facilities. They are located in exclusive parts of Corona and Hollywood, where you will have all the peace and quiet you could want so that you can focus on your recovery process.
It’s not just the beautiful views that will get your mind off of things and help you relax that will ensure you will successfully overcome your addiction. Our services and amenities also have an important role to play:
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- HDTV with Cable
- Amazing Social Events
- Group Therapy Sessions
- One-on-One Counseling
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Fun, Exciting Activities
Plus, to top it all off, we also provide all our patients with a comprehensive aftercare program. This way, once you finish your inpatient treatment, you’ll have all the info you need to make sure you won’t relapse post-rehab.
Still, if you think you would require more motivation and support afterwards, we’ve got you covered. We also offer intensive outpatient programs, which are ideal for heroin recovery victims who want to go the extra mile to ensure they fully regain control of their lives.
These programs contribute to our heroin addiction rehab success rate too, as they will offer you everything you need:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Wellness Groups
- Yoga, Qi-Gong, or Tai-Chi
- Drum Circles
- Educational Courses
Also, our outpatient detox facilities all feature 2 very flexible programs:
- The Day Program – We’re ready to offer you the assistance you deserve Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – Our informative and fun night courses take place every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
This way, you won’t have to drastically alter your day-to-day schedule to take advantage of our services.
As for facilities, we have numerous outpatient centers located in many cities throughout the country:
Call 8885376671 to Regain Control of Your Life!
Our phones are manned by treatment experts 24/7, and they’re looking forward to helping you choose the right detox treatment. That, and they’ll also do their best to see if your insurance provider could fully cover your rehab costs.
In case that isn’t possible, you might be eligible for some of our financial assistance programs instead. Alternatively, we also offer private payment plans. Don’t worry – they’re budget-friendly, and the fees are billed monthly/bi-weekly (depending on your needs).
As for your privacy, we’ll protect it by ensuring that:
- All the phone calls you make are 100% confidential.
- None of your credit cards are kept on file.
- None of your insurance records are kept on file.
Once everything is handled, you’ll be able to begin your recovery process within 24 hours. That’s right – with BLVD Treatment Centers, there are no waitlists!
Finally understood why our heroin addiction rehab success rate is so high, right?
So, call (888) 537-6671 or get in touch with us online. This will be a life-changing decision which you’ll never regret.
And no, it’s not too late to make a change. Like our motto says:
“There’s Still Time to Change the Road You’re On.”