How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your Hair?
Do you often ask yourself “How long does weed stay in your hair?” Well, you’re not the only one – up to 94 million people around the country use marijuana as well, and wonder seek similar answers too.
After all, due to this widespread use, more and more marijuana drug tests are employed nowadays – both by employers and law enforcement officials. Said tests include blood tests, saliva tests, urine tests, and – yes – even hair tests.
While it’s true that hair tests are not very common, there is plenty of reason to be concerned about them. That’s because they have the longest detection period out of all the drug tests out there.
Which is why you have probably been asking yourself “How long does marijuana stay in your hair?” for some time now. You’re most likely concerned about a potential upcoming hair drug test in the near future.
If that is the case, you might not like the answers you’ll get, then. That’s because hair tests can spot traces of marijuana in your system around 7 days after you last had a smoke.
But that’s not all, though. If the hair samples are subjected to rigorous testing, it is possible to detect traces of marijuana in your hair up to 90 days after you last had a smoke!
Not exactly what you wanted to hear, right?
We can understand why you’d feel that way. And no, before you ask, there’s not really much you can do about this – well, except shaving your head, but that would disqualify you from passing the drug test from the start.
Basically, the only way to actually pass such a test is to not smoke marijuana at all – especially if you know such a drug tests is coming up in the near future.
But what happens when you can’t control your need to smoke marijuana, though?
Are You Struggling with Marijuana Use Disorder?
If you’ve been asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your hair?” too often and losing sleep over it, there’s plenty of reason to be concerned.
That’s because marijuana isn’t really the risk-free drug everyone would have you believe it is. While it’s true that it doesn’t have a very high addiction potential, smoking marijuana too often can result in you developing what is known as marijuana use disorder.
Sure, it’s not exactly a drug addiction, but it’s definitely similar to it – especially when you consider that it can interfere with your day-to-day life.
How do you know if you are dealing with marijuana use disorder? Here are some tell-tale signs:
- You try to hide your marijuana use habits from your friends and family members.
- You end up skipping school/work in order to smoke marijuana.
- You spend too much money on marijuana and associated accessories (bongs, rolling paper).
- You withdraw from social activities that do not involve smoking marijuana.
- You actually end up in legal trouble because of your marijuana abuse.
If any of those signs sound familiar, you are sadly dealing with marijuana abuse disorder. While it might not seem as bad as a regular drug addiction, the reality is that what you might experience will be far from pleasant.
Marijuana Use Disorder – Health Risks and Withdrawal Symptoms
Simply put, if you don’t take measures right now to overcome your marijuana abuse problems, you will endanger your health in the long run.
How come? Well, here are a few health complications you might develop as a result of smoking marijuana:
- Persistent Red Eyes
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease
- Impaired Judgment and Cognition
- An Early Onset of Psychosis
- Decreased Sperm Count
- Decreased Testosterone
- Increased Prolactin Levels in Women
- Increased Risk of Lung Cancer
- Increased Risk of Respiratory Issues
- Immunity Suppression
What’s more, these health risks aren’t the only things you should worry about. See, if you’ve been smoking marijuana for a long time, it’s highly likely your body and brain have become accustomed to the chemicals found in the drug.
As a result, if you take a break from smoking marijuana (like when you know you have an upcoming drug test, for instance), you will start experiencing painful withdrawal symptoms:
- Intense Anxiety
- Constant Yawning
- Stomach Discomfort
Even worse, in some cases, you might also experience anorexia, unexplained anger, and very disturbing dreams. That generally happens to very heavy smokers.
Furthermore, there are certain factors that can influence how bad your withdrawal will be:
- How often you smoke marijuana.
- What amount of marijuana you smoke.
- How long you have been smoking marijuana for.
- If you have a history of drug abuse in your family.
- If you mix your marijuana abuse patterns with other drugs/alcohol.
And here’s the kicker – THC has a particularly long-lasting impact on your body and mind. Thus, it’s very probable that you will end up having to deal with these symptoms up to a few weeks or even months!
Clearly, “How long does marijuana stay in your hair?” will be the last thing on your mind once you start experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
So Then, What Can You Do?
In such a situation, getting professional help in a timely manner is paramount. It can mean the difference between regaining full control of your life or relapsing and further succumbing to the influence of the drug.
That’s exactly why you should rely on professional detox services for help. By doing that, you would get to take advantage of all the benefits you need right now:
- Proper Mental Care
- Medical Assistance
- Medical Supervision
- Emotional Support
- A Fully Sober Environment
How do you know when you find the right rehab center? Well, normally that involves hours upon hours of tiresome research. Not very pleasant, but it’s what it normally takes to find proper rehab services.
Fortunately, that won’t be the case for you, as you already found the best detox treatment options there are!
BVLD Treatment Centers – The Best Rehab Services Around
Why should you keep asking yourself “How long does weed stay in your hair?” when you can just avoid having to worry about that and rely on our top-notch detox services instead.
We offer access to both inpatient and outpatient programs, so all your needs will surely be met.
If you are a heavy marijuana smoker and are worried that you will end up experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms, our inpatient rehab services will be just what you will need:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – With our help, you won’t have to worry about dealing with any painful withdrawal symptoms. You will be administered proper counter-drugs that will ensure you won’t experience any discomfort at all.
- Individualized Rehab – Our recovery specialists are able to analyze all the personal and medical data you provide so that they can come up with a completely personalized detox treatment just for you.
- 24/7 Nursing – Our staff works round-the-clock and constantly keeps your progress under surveillance. Thus, there is absolutely no risk that your health will ever be in danger.
- Complete Privacy – When you check into our inpatient facilities, we don’t force you to give up your laptops and cell phones. We know how crucial privacy and trust can be in this situation, after all.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our detox facilities? No problem! We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and we can even ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion if you want.
As for our inpatient facilities, you’ll surely be happy to know that you’ll get to choose between our luxurious, spacious, and very welcoming Hollywood and Corona rehab centers. They are located in exclusive, quiet areas, and you’ll be able to enjoy a wide array of services and amenities:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Social Events
- HDTV with Cable
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- An Overall Relaxing Atmosphere
If you haven’t been smoking marijuana for a very long time, and think that your recovery period will be much more manageable, you can always rely on our intensive outpatient programs.
In fact, you can opt for them after going through inpatient detox as well, as they are the perfect way to take advantage of proper motivation and support post-rehab.
Are they worth it? Well, do consider the fact that you won’t just have to settle for one recovery track. No, we actually offer access to many recovery options:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
- LGBTQ-Affirmative Recovery
What’s more, just take a look at all the activities and services you’ll get to enjoy:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- Holistic Approaches to Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- Drum Circles
- Process Therapy Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Relapse Prevention
- Family System Approaches
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Plus, by attending our outpatient programs, you’ll be able to better understand your marijuana use disorder and what caused it in the first place. That’s because we offer access to educational courses that address subjects such as:
- How to re-adjust to family dynamics post-rehab.
- How to better manage free time and stress post-rehab.
- Is it possible to have a normal relationship during recovery?
- How long does marijuana stay in your hair, and are there any long-term effects?
- What measures can you take to better deal with relapse triggers?
Lastly, we should also mention that our outpatient programs feature 2 flexible schedules, so you won’t have to alter your day-to-day schedule one bit:
- The Day Program – You can take advantage of proper support Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – We are also available every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
As for our outpatient facilities, here are your options:
How Long Does Weed Stay in Your Hair? Call 888-537-6671 to Get the Info and Care You Need!
We are available 24/7, and our phones are manned by recovery experts. Therefore, you can rest assured that you will get all the specialized help you need.
Moreover, our support professionals will also assess your financial info to see if your insurance provider will cover your rehab costs. Eligibility can generally be determined within the same day.
If that isn’t possible – don’t worry. We also offer access to very inclusive financial assistance programs.
Alternatively, you can always opt for our budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can also accommodate bi-weekly payments.
And don’t worry about your privacy – we go to great lengths to make sure it’s safe and sound:
- We don’t keep any insurance records on file.
- We ensure that every phone call you make is 100% confidential.
- We don’t keep any credit cards on file.
Oh, and here’s the best part – no waitlists involved! That’s right, you can actually start your recovery within 24 hours of getting in touch with us.
So, call 888-537-6671 or contact us online. Stop asking yourself “How long does marijuana stay in your system?” and make a decision that will change your life for the better today!