The Best Supplements for Opiate Withdrawal – What Are Your Options?
If you’re curious to learn about the best supplements for opiate withdrawal, we’re thinking that you are one of the 36 million people around the globe who is struggling with opiate abuse issues.
We’re not saying that to make you feel bad, but to show you that you are not alone in your struggle, and that there’s nothing to be ashamed or scared of.
So, if you are indeed addicted to opiates, it’s only natural to be worried about the withdrawal symptoms. After all, if try to stop taking opiates, you are likely to experience:
- Racing Heart
- Muscle Aches
What’s more, the severity of your withdrawal symptoms can be influenced by certain factors:
- How long you have been taking opiates for.
- What amount of opiates you take daily.
- How often you take opiates.
- If there’s a history of drug abuse in your family.
- If you are genetically predisposed to becoming addicted.
Thus, it’s understandable why you would want to get your hands on the best supplements for opiate withdrawal on the market.
Well, to make a long story short, here’s a list of supplements one might consider in this situation:
- B-Complex – These are vitamins that can help relieve some of the stress you might experience during withdrawal. Plus, they can provide a great deal of balance to your nerves, which can also help with the onset of agitation.
- Passion Flower – While it might be an alternative treatment method, using passion flower does have its perks, especially when it comes to managing mental symptoms. Although, you should keep in mind that passion flower might help you – it is not certain that it will aid you during recovery.
- Kava – This supplement can alleviate some of the depression you might experience. What’s more, Kava can lessen the intensity of neurotic anxiety as well. However, we don’t really recommend using it too much, as it can cause liver issues in the long run.
- Melatonin – This supplement can do wonders for those of you who are experiencing difficulties falling asleep. Still, we advise you take this supplement under medical supervision, as it’s important that you take the right dosage.
- Calcium and Magnesium – Since these vitamins interact with the central nervous system, they can help alleviate anxiety. Moreover, they can also get rid of some of the muscle tension you might experience during withdrawal.
- Phenibut – Phenibut has effects similar to Valium or Xanax, so it can help you deal with the insomnia caused by withdrawal. That, and it can relieve symptoms such as stress, muscle aches, and anxiety. There’s a catch, though – it’s a bit addictive, and it can be easy to overdose on it, so it should only be taken under medical supervision.
However, do keep in mind that just because you now know about the best supplements for opiate withdrawal doesn’t mean you should try facing your addiction all on your own.
In fact, it’s quite clear that many of those supplements have some drawbacks as well (if you use them without proper supervision, that is).
Still, here are 3 more reasons why you shouldn’t try to quit on your own:
1. Relapse Is a Huge Risk
We’re not saying you don’t have a strong enough will to resist temptation. It’s just that the when the withdrawal symptoms reach their peak, it’s pretty difficult to not give in and start taking opiates again in an attempt to deal with the discomfort.
But the problem is that you are very likely to overdo it. Basically, that means you might end up taking too many opiates/a very large dose, and just overdose!
2. You Can Develop Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms
Let’s say you would manage to overcome your addiction by just relying on the best supplements for opiate withdrawal we just mentioned.
Sadly, even if you manage such a feat, you still won’t be in the clear yet. That’s because, without proper medical supervision and mental care, you risk developing Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms.
Essentially, they are similar to psychological opiate withdrawal symptoms, but they occur randomly, and can even last up to a few years!
Furthermore, you might also experience:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Intense Fatigue
- Severe Mood Swings
- Anhedonia (the inability to find pleasure in things/situations that are normally pleasant)
3. Unsupervised Opiate Withdrawal Can Actually Be Deadly
Unfortunately, not enough people talk about this. It’s not a pleasant thought – we know – but that doesn’t mean one can just ignore it.
The truth is that unchecked opiate withdrawal can sometimes lead to death.
The only way to prevent that from happening is to rely on professional detox services.
There’s Still Something You Can Do, Though
You don’t only need the best supplements for opiate withdrawal by your side to be able to quell the discomfort caused by your addiction.
There are in fact other things you can do to alleviate some of the pain you might experience.
How to Lessen the Discomfort Caused by Opiate Withdrawal
Here’s a quick rundown of what you should do:
- Take a hot bath. It might not sound like much, but taking a hot bath can actually do wonders for you in such a situation. It can calm your nerves and anxiety, help you sleep better, as well as lessen the effect of muscle aches, headaches, and back pain. You can also add Epsom salt in the water if you have really sore muscles.
- Use a heating pad. This is a good alternative for hot baths in case you have a fever and still want to soothe some of your muscle aches.
- Keep yourself entertained. Comedy movies, funny books, a stand-up show – all of this can help you take your mind off the discomfort caused by withdrawal. What’s more, laughter will also influence your body to release endorphins in your system.
- Stay hydrated. Opiate withdrawal can leave you very dehydrated – especially because of the onset of nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. Drinking plenty of water will ensure the pain caused by the withdrawal symptoms doesn’t get too out of hand.
- Engage in regular exercise. By exercising, you will get your body to create more endorphins. In turn, that will offer you a sense of elation, and lessen some of the discomfort you might be feeling.
Just keep in mind that these pointers are meant to alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms. They will not cure your addiction.
These are just some things you should do until you find the best rehab services there are.
In fact, you won’t really have to look too far, as you’ve already come across the right detox treatment options.
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Right Way to Regain Control of Your Life
Why deal with all the hassle of getting the best supplements for opiate withdrawal and learning how to properly administer them when you can just rely on our professional rehab services instead?
After all, we can offer you just the type of care you need right now:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – We employ medical specialists who are capable of providing you with the medical assistance you need to enjoy a painless withdrawal process.
- Personalized Treatments – Our recovery experts will do everything in their power to come up with an individualized detox program just for you that is based on your background details and medical data.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our detox facilities? No problem! We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and even make it possible for you to travel alongside a sober companion if you deem it necessary.
- 24/7 Supervision – You’ll always be under constant medical supervision, so you’ll never have to worry about your health being in danger, or you becoming addicted to the best supplements for opiate withdrawal when they are administered.
What’s more, you will be spending your recovery period at our luxurious, welcoming, and very spacious inpatient rehab centers which are located in Corona and Hollywood. You’ll get to enjoy beautiful sights, a quiet atmosphere, and a wide array of wonderful services and amenities:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- HDTV with Cable
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- A Quality Aftercare Program
And no, the aftercare program won’t just provide you with some useful advice. It will also offer you the chance to join our intensive outpatient programs once you finish your inpatient treatment.
If you want to continue benefiting from our quality support and motivation, and not feel like you have to now face your recovery on your own, these treatment options are the perfect choice for you.
Plus, just check out all the activities and services you’ll get to take advantage of:
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Acupuncture (just what you need when recovering from opiate withdrawal)
- Drum Circles
- Nutritious Culinary Services
- Wellness Groups
- Social Events
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
That, and we also provide addiction-oriented educational courses which can teach you a lot of things about:
- How to re-adjust to family dynamics after rehab.
- What you can do to have a healthy relationship post-rehab.
- How to better manage your time while sober.
- What measures you must take to keep stress at bay.
- How you can better handle relapse triggers, and ensure you never relapse as well.
Also, we should mention that you won’t have to make any sacrifices when it comes to your day-to-day schedule. That’s because we offer 2 very flexible programs:
- The Day Program – You can rely on our top-notch assistance Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – We also provide quality services every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Sounds pretty neat, right?
Well, the last thing we should mention is that you’ll have many outpatient centers to choose from – we’ve actually got many facilities throughout the country:
Call 8885376671 or Contact Us Online to Get the Care You Deserve
We’re available 24/7, and our recovery experts are looking forward to answering all your questions and helping you pick the right treatment.
What’s more, every single phone call you make is 100% confidential, so you don’t have to worry about your privacy being in danger. We even go the extra mile to safeguard it, as we don’t keep any insurance records and credit cards on file.
As for payments, they are billed monthly or bi-weekly (depending on your needs). Also, we offer a lot of convenient payment options:
- First of all, we’ll assess your financial info to see if it’s possible for your insurance provider to take care of all your costs.
- If that doesn’t work, you might eligible for our very inclusive financial assistance programs instead.
- Alternatively, we also provide access to budget-friendly private payment plans.
And you want to know the best part? More often than not, most of our patients can begin their recovery within 24 hours of contacting us! Yes, that basically means you won’t have to deal with any waitlists at all.
So, stop worrying about finding the best supplements for opiate withdrawal, and call 8885376671 or get in touch with us online. This will be the best decision you ever made, as it will change your life for the better, and help you regain control of your present and future.
Oh, and don’t worry about it being too late for you to make a change – it never is! Like our motto says:
“There’s Still Time to Change the Road You’re On.”