How Long Is Rehab for Pills?
Are you struggling with pill abuse? Do you find yourself incapable of stopping yourself from taking too many pain pills or benzodiazepines?
Well, you’re not alone in that. What’s more, it’s a good thing you’re starting to be aware of your own pill abuse patterns, as many people in your situation don’t even bother addressing their issues – which is very unfortunate, as pill abuse can be quite deadly.
After all, overdose deaths caused by both benzodiazepines and pain pills have been on the rise over the past years. Thus, this isn’t something that can be taken lightly.
Now, since you’re wondering how long pill rehab lasts, you’re probably thinking about relying on professional assistance to regain control of your life. We definitely admire that, as it does take a lot of courage to admit you need help in a situation like this.
So then, how long is rehab for pills? Well, the simple answer is that it depends. Basically, there are certain standard program lengths you need to keep in mind:
- 28-30-Day Programs
- 60-Day Programs
- 90-Day Programs
There are even drug rehab facilities out there that offer longer programs if your pill abuse is too severe.
How do you know which program length you need? Well, here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you have been engaging in pill abuse for a long time, longer periods of rehab will be necessary.
- If you have been mixing pills, or drinking alcohol alongside them, it’s very likely you’ll have to spend more time in rehab.
- If you’ve started taking larger and larger doses, long-term drug rehab will be necessary to make sure your health is no longer in danger.
- If you’ve already tried to stop taking benzodiazepines/pain pills and you failed because of painful physical withdrawal symptoms, you’ll have to spend a longer time in detox.
- If you’ve been suffering from emotional and mental issues as well, then it’s even clearer that long-term rehab is a must.
Why did we mention these things? Because they also influence how bad your withdrawal process will be, which – in turn – affects how much time you will have to spend in rehab, of course.
Now, before we address the withdrawal aspect, we should mention another thing – generally, long-term rehab is preferable over short-term detox. Even the National Institute on Drug Abuse agrees with us on that.
And when you consider what kinds of dangers are associated with benzodiazepine/painkiller withdrawal, you’ll easily understand why you need to spend a longer time in rehab.
Benzodiazepine and Painkiller Withdrawal
Simply put, once you’ve abused these pills for a long time, your body and brain start getting used to the chemicals found in these drugs. As a result, whenever you stop taking them, you’ll start experiencing uncomfortable (even traumatic) withdrawal symptoms.
Here’s quick rundown of what symptoms are associated with both painkillers and benzodiazepines:
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symptoms
- Body Tremors
- Extreme Anxiety
- Heart Palpitations
- Muscle Twitching
- Severe Depression
Pain Pills Withdrawal Symptoms
- Runny Nose
- Teary Eyes
- Abdominal Cramps
- Constant Yawning
- Goose Bumps
- Muscle Pain
In the case of both benzodiazepines and pain pills, you’ll start experiencing withdrawal symptoms approximately 6-12 hours after your last dose.
And since these kinds of withdrawal processes can actually be deadly, it’s important to make sure you spend enough time in rehab to fully overcome them.
Plus, here’s another thing to consider. Even if you were to safely overcome benzodiazepine/pain pill withdrawal in short-term rehab, you still wouldn’t be in the clear.
Because, without proper, long-term mental care and therapy, you risk developing Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms.
Basically, they are similar to the withdrawal symptoms we mentioned above, but they can also include seizures, severe fatigue, cognitive impairment, and Anhedonia (the inability to enjoy things/situations which would normally be pleasurable).
Not only that, but Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms can also occur randomly and even last up to a few years, effectively making it impossible for you to live a normal life. As a result, you would only have to seek rehab assistance once more.
So, it’s quite clear that long-term drug rehab is the best way to deal with these issues.
Everything Is Starting to Make More Sense, Right?
Still, we won’t leave you hanging. We will also address and elaborate the main reasons why long-term rehab is the best option, so that you truly understand what you are getting to take advantage of.
Long-Term Pill Abuse Rehab – The Advantages
To make a long story short, here are the main benefits to keep in mind:
- You’ll have plenty of time at your disposal to make a full recovery. Since you won’t feel rushed, there will be no pressure to keep you from fully focusing on your treatment.
- You’ll actually have the chance to place you trust in the detox facility’s staff, as they will have enough time to earn it. As a result, it will be much easier for you to relax, keep stress at bay, and put all the advice you get into practice.
- Your physical health will truly recover. Don’t forget that pill abuse can seriously harm your physical wellbeing – especially when it comes to your eating and sleeping patterns. Well, during long-term rehab, you’ll be able to re-adjust to eating healthy food, sleeping better, and making a healthy overall recovery.
- You’ll get to really take advantage of therapy options that will help you get rid of your self-destructive behaviors. After all, such therapy sessions are only efficient when you’re exposed to them for a long period.
- And, lastly, you’ll be able to heal emotionally, as you will partake in long-term one-on-one counseling sessions and group therapy engagements. So, you’ll have all the time and support you need to get over the trauma inflicted by pill abuse.
That sounds amazing, right? It’s exactly the kind of care you need and deserve in your situation!
All that’s left is choosing the right detox facility. Now, we know that something like that is not a simple process. In fact, it generally takes a lot of research, which can be quite tiresome for you right now.
Luckily, you won’t have to deal with any hassle, as you’ve already found the best rehab treatment options there are.
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Road to a Safe, Healthy Recovery
We understand how hard it can be to struggle with pill abuse, and we know that overcoming this addiction is definitely not something that happens overnight. This is why we offer access to a wide variety of treatment length options:
- 30-Day Programs
- 60-Day Programs
- 90-Day Programs
Not only that, but we can arrange for you to take advantage of an even longer rehab period if that is the case. We want you to make a full recovery, and no matter how long it takes, we’ll be there by your side.
Also, we offer excellent inpatient services that will be sure to provide you with the relief you seek:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – Our medical specialists will make sure that the withdrawal symptoms you are at risk of experiencing won’t get the best of you by administering the right counter-drugs. Basically, you won’t feel any discomfort at all during recovery.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – You will be under constant medical surveillance, and our staff will work round-the-clock to ensure that every single one of your needs is met, and that your health is never at risk.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our rehab centers? Say no more – we can actually handle travel arrangements on your behalf (so that you don’t have to deal with that stress). Plus, we can also ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion too.
- Personalized Detox – We employ recovery experts who have the skills and knowledge to analyze all the personal and medical data you provide us with so that they can come up with a completely individualized rehab program just for you.
And once you check into our detox facilities, you won’t have to worry about losing privacy privileges. We don’t believe in confiscating your cell phones and laptops, as we know how crucial proper privacy is to a successful recovery.
Actually, speaking of our rehab centers, you should know that our facilities are luxurious, spacious places that are located in exclusive, quiet areas in Corona and Hollywood. What’s more, you also get to enjoy amazing amenities and services:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Group Therapy
- HDTV with Cable
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- An Aftercare Programs
- A Completely Sober Atmosphere
That’s not all, though. We also provide quality intensive outpatient rehab services too. They perfect for those of you who don’t require 24/7 supervision, or for those of you who just want to keep taking advantage of top-notch support post-rehab.
And since we offer 2 flexible programs, you won’t have to re-adjust your day-to-day schedule one bit:
- The Day Program – We are available Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM, and are more than looking forward to offering you the care you need.
- The Night Program – You can also count on us for help every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Plus, just check out all the services and activities you’ll get to enjoy if you opt for our outpatient services:
- Art/Music/Equine Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- SMART Recovery
- Resistance in Recovery
- Relapse Prevention
- Drum Circles
- Family System Approaches
- Healthy Culinary Services
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Wellness Groups
- Nutrition Groups
- Process Therapy Groups
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
And you won’t just have to settle for one recovery track. No, we actually offer you the chance to choose between many options:
- 12-Step-Based Recovery
- Non-12-Step-Based Recovery
- Primetime Recovery
- LGBTQ+-Affirmative Recovery
As for the outpatient facilities themselves, they are located in metropolitan areas, so you’ll get the chance to put all the things you learn during rehab into practice in the real-world. Here are the cities where we currently have outpatient detox facilities:
Call 888-537-6671 to Get the Best Rehab There Is!
Our phones are manned by recovery specialists 24/7. So, not only will you not have to wait long until your call is answered, but you will also get all the info you need as well. Plus, our experts will help you choose the right treatment programs too.
And since every single phone call you make is 100% confidential, you don’t have anything to worry about privacy-wise. Not only that, but we also don’t keep any credit cards and insurance records on file.
As for payments, here’s what you must know:
- It’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover your rehab costs. We can usually determine that within the same day you contact us.
- If it’s not possible, we also offer very inclusive financial assistance programs.
- Alternatively, we provide private payment plans too. They are budget-friendly, and we can accommodate monthly or bi-weekly payments.
And here’s the best part – once everything is settled, you can start your recovery within 24 hours. Yes, that pretty much means there are no waitlists involved!
So, call 888-537-6671 or contact us online. We can offer you the care and assistance you need to regain full control of your life starting today.