L Tyrosine for Opiate Withdrawal – Is It a Reliable Option?
If you browse the web looking for best supplements for opiate withdrawal, you’ll probably come across a few articles or forum discussions claiming that you can safely rely on l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal.
Sadly, such claims are nothing short of misinformation, and they can really put your health at risk.
Still, first things first – using l tyrosine does allegedly have 2 benefits worth mentioning:
- It can help your body produce dopamine naturally. As a result, it’s likely that using l tyrosine will help improve your overall mood and even reduce the onset of depression (a common symptom of opiate withdrawal). Still, do keep in mind that not all people experience the same relief when it comes to depression.
- L tyrosine might be able to boost adrenaline levels within your system. That can come in handy when dealing with fatigue and the effects of insomnia during opiate withdrawal. Once again, do note that, according to some studies, l tyrosine doesn’t really impact symptoms like fatigue, while other people still claim it does help. Thus, it’s hard to tell how useful l tyrosine really is in this situation.
Not very convincing, right?
We know. You should also take the dosage into consideration. Online, you’ll see that many people like to claim that it’s safe to take anywhere between 500 and 2,000 mg of l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal at a time.
However, the truth is that the dose must be calculated according to your body weight. Normally, the accepted dose is 100mg/2.2 pounds per day – not at a time!
If you would take a significantly larger dose for a long time (like in the case of opiate withdrawal, for example), you would have to be under medical surveillance to ensure your health is not put at risk by the side effects.
What side effects, you might ask? Well, this is what you might experience when taking l tyrosine:
- Abnormal Heart Rate – Since l tyrosine is converted into catecholamine to synthesize stimulatory neurotransmitters, it’s likely that you might experience an increased or abnormal heart rate.
- Changes in Appetite – The catecholamine synthesis can also cause your appetite to decrease.
- Chest Pain – Some people have experiences chest pains when taking l tyrosine, including shortness of breath too!
- Changes in Blood Pressure – Using l tyrosine can cause sudden spikes or decreases in blood pressure. This varies from individual to individual.
- Diarrhea – High doses of l tyrosine have been associated with outbursts of diarrhea. Low doses can also cause stomach cramps.
- Dizziness – You might experience mild or moderate dizziness when you first start taking l tyrosine. When taking high doses of l tyrosine, the dizziness can become more extreme.
Not a pleasant thought, wouldn’t you agree? Just imagine how bad some of those side effects can be if you take the wrong dosage too!
So, now you know that taking l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal won’t really do much for you. Yes, it has some benefits, but the overall side effects you might experience don’t make it worth the risk.
What’s more, many people in your situation actually think they can just rely on l tyrosine to get through opiate withdrawal all by themselves. In case that thought ever crossed your mind, you should know that doing something like that is quite dangerous.
And we’re not just saying that. Relying on l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal has its own health risks, but trying to quit on your own exposes you to a whole new array of dangers.
How Trying to Overcome Opiate Withdrawal on Your Own Can Endanger Your Life
Let’s start with the withdrawal symptoms. You probably already know what to expect. In case you don’t, here’s what you are exposing yourself to during opiate withdrawal:
- Muscle Aches
Naturally, those symptoms will only get worse as the withdrawal process progresses. The idea of taking l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal is to eliminate those symptoms. However, l tyrosine cannot fully take them all on. At best, it might reduce some of the stress you’ll feel and enhance your mood – like we’ve previously discussed.
Thus, you’ll inevitably end up experiencing withdrawal symptoms as their worst. Well, that’s when drug cravings kick into high gear. Sadly, that can cause you to relapse and start taking large doses of opiates, which can put you at risk of overdosing!
That’s not all, though. You should also keep Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms in mind. Essentially, they are similar to opiate withdrawal symptoms, but they tend to occur randomly and last up to a few years.
How are they relevant? Simple – if you don’t get proper mental care during opiate withdrawal, the risk of you developing Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms becomes much bigger.
Moreover, if this happens to you, it’s highly likely you will also experience:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Intense Fatigue
- Severe Mood Swings
Now, if that’s not enough to showcase why going through opiate withdrawal on your own is dangerous, here’s one more thing to consider: Opiate withdrawal can actually be deadly!
So, What’s the Solution Then?
The only way to overcome your opiate withdrawal in a safe manner is to rely on inpatient detox facilities for help. The staff there can offer you the kinds of services you need right now:
- Medical Assistance
- Proper Mental Care
- Round-the-Clock Supervision
- Professional Emotional Support
- A Comfortable Environment (exactly what you need to deal with depression and anxiety)
Naturally, to enjoy all that, you must choose the best detox center there is. Usually, that’s easier said than done, as a lot of thorough research goes into such a decision.
Fortunately, that won’t be the case right now. Instead of having to spend many hours scouring the web for information, you can rest easy knowing you already found the right rehab services!
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Best and Safest Way to Regain Your Independence
Why should you worry about the side effects of taking l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal or the dangers of quitting on your own when you can rely on professional assistance instead? We will take care of everything for you, as evidenced by our high-quality inpatient services:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – With our help, you won’t experience any painful withdrawal symptoms at all. What’s more, our medical experts will ensure you don’t face the risk of becoming addicted to the counter-drugs you’ll be administered as well.
- Personalized Detox – We employ recovery specialists who are capable of analyzing all the data you provide to design an individualized rehab program just for you.
- 24/7 Supervision – Since our staff works round-the-clock to meet your every single need, you won’t have to worry about feeling alone throughout the whole withdrawal process.
- Transport Assistance – If you need help getting to our detox centers, we’ve got your back. Basically, we can handle travel arrangements on your behalf. Furthermore, we can make sure you get to travel alongside a sober companion too.
Speaking of our detox facilities, you’ll surely love the fact that you will be recovering at our luxurious, spacious, and very elegant Hollywood and Corona residential rehab centers. Not only are they located in beautiful, exclusive areas, but our staff will also offer you access to amazing services and amenities:
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- HDTV with Cable
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- Access to Cell Phones and Computers
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- A Completely Sober Environment
Plus, here’s one of the main things that sets us apart from the other rehab centers. Our staff is fully capable of offering you exactly the kind of help you need, as some of them have been through recovery too! So, they definitely know what you are going through, and you can rest assured that their intentions are genuine.
Once You Finish Your Treatment, You’re Not on Your Own!
That’s because you can actually take advantage of our intensive outpatient programs too – just what you need to keep getting reliable support post-rehab!
Why should you opt for them (besides the motivation aspect, of course)? Well, here are just some of the activities and advantages you’d get to enjoy:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, or Qi-Gong
- Wellness Groups
- Drum Circles
- Nutritious Culinary Services
- Healthy Relationship Groups
- Family System Approaches
- SMART Recovery
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP)
- Resistance in Recovery
What’s more, here’s another thing to keep in mind: Unlike most outpatient centers, we don’t just focus on either a 12-step-based or a non-12-step-based program. No, we actually offer access to both of them! We also throw in access to a Primetime and an LGBTQ-Affirmative program too.
Thus, you’ll get to decide exactly how your outpatient recovery will be like.
Not only that, but we also provide access to addiction-oriented educational courses. By attending them, you’ll get to learn a lot of useful things, such as:
- How to make sure you don’t relapse post-rehab.
- What measures to take to keep stress at bay.
- How to better manage your free time after rehab.
- How to have a normal, emotionally healthy relationship post-rehab.
- What you can do to re-adjust to family dynamics.
And here’s the best part – we offer 2 flexible programs. That means you won’t have to drastically alter your day-to-day schedule at all!
Essentially, here are your options:
- The Day Program – We are ready to provide you with assistance and support Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – If you have a busy day-time schedule – no problem! We also offer proper detox services every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
As for the facilities themselves, we have numerous outpatient centers located in many cities throughout the country:
Call 8885376671 to Get the Help You Need and Deserve
Our phones are manned 24/7 by recovery experts. Once you get in touch with them, they will do a brief clinical assessment of your situation. Afterwards, you will decide which rehab program works best for you.
Moreover, we should also mention that we make sure every phone call you make is 100% confidential. So, you have nothing to worry about regarding your privacy.
After all, we even go the extra mile and ensure we don’t keep any credit cards and insurance records on file.
As for payments, here’s a quick rundown:
- When you get in touch with us, we’ll collect your financial and insurance info. Most of the time, it’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover your rehab costs. Eligibility is usually determined within the same day.
- If that isn’t possible, you might be eligible for some of our very inclusive financial assistance programs.
- Lastly, we also offer private payment plans. The fees are budget-friendly, and they are billed monthly or bi-weekly, depending on your needs.
And don’t forget – once everything is settled, our specialists will stay in touch with you until you arrive at our facilities. What’s more, you can actually begin your recovery within 24 hours of contacting us, so there are no waitlist involved!
So, call 8885376671 or contact us online today. Stop worrying about whether or not using l tyrosine for opiate withdrawal is a good idea, and get the assistance you need to regain full control of your life!