Is Taking a Megadose Vitamin C for Opiate Withdrawal a Good Idea?
If you’ve been struggling with opiate abuse for some time, you’ve probably had people recommend you take a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal (essentially, over 2,000 mg per day for an adult), as it allegedly eliminates any nasty withdrawal symptoms.
However, that doesn’t always work. Sure, it might have a positive effect or so, but it definitely won’t get rid of all the symptoms you might experience. What’s more, if you were to rely on a megadose vitamin C for opiate withdrawal, you might actually endanger your health.
True, generally speaking, taking too much vitamin C wouldn’t be considered dangerous. Still, there is a chance that if you take a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal too often, you might end up struggling with:
- Abdominal Bloating
- Abdominal Cramps
- Kidney Stones
Actually, let’s address the more serious health risks associated with taking a megadose of vitamin C.
Here’s the gist of it – basically, when you take vitamin C, your body ends up breaking it into a substance which is known as oxalate.
Now, most of that substance is generally eliminated through urine. However, when the oxalate levels in your body are too high (cause you took a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal, for instance), will cause various deposits to form.
Well, those oxalate deposits are pretty much kidney stones.
Of course, that doesn’t mean too much vitamin C will automatically cause that, but it will increase your risks of suffering from kidney stones.
Consuming more than 2,000 mg of vitamin C on a regular basis can cause serious gastrointestinal irritation.
In turn, that will cause you to experience nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. That means you will become severely dehydrated – something you would already experience during opiate withdrawal.
So, you can imagine how worse the whole situation will get if you try to take a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal.
One More Thing to Keep in Mind
There’s also the issue of Hemochromatosis. While a megadose vitamin C for opiate withdrawal doesn’t really cause this, it can worsen this health condition if you are already suffering from it.
What that means for you is that you might end up dealing with severe heart, liver, and pancreas issues.
Lastly, we should also mention that a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal isn’t the only thing that can put your health at risk in this situation.
In fact, trying to face the opiate withdrawal process on your own is also dangerous!
Dealing with Opiate Withdrawal Alone – Why It’s a Risk Not Worth Taking
First of all, when you consider what kind of symptoms you might be dealing with, it’s quite clear why trying to quit on your own is not a good idea:
- Muscle Aches
And don’t forget – these symptoms can become really intense when they peak. Not to mention that there are certain factors that can influence how bad they get:
- How long you’ve been addicted to opiates.
- How often you abuse opiates.
- What amount of opiates you take.
- If you mix up opiates with alcohol or other drugs.
- If there is a history of drug abuse in your family.
Even worse, when the symptoms start to become more intense, that’s when the drug cravings you’ll experience will get much worse. So worse, in fact, that you might relapse – no matter how much willpower and strength you have!
And when that happens, you risk taking too many opiates in an attempt to calm all your withdrawal symptoms. Sadly, that can easily result in you overdosing and having to be hospitalized.
That’s not even all, though. See, even if you were to overcome opiate withdrawal by relying on a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal (extremely unlikely to happen, but let’s pretend it would), you still wouldn’t be in the clear.
Why? Because, without proper mental care by your side during the withdrawal phase, you might develop Protracted Withdrawal Symptoms in the long run.
What are they? Basically, they’re similar to most of the withdrawal symptoms one might experience during opiate withdrawal. However, unlike them, they tend to last up to a few years, and also occur randomly!
Even worse, you risk developing other unpleasant side effects alongside them, such as:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Anhedonia (the inability to find pleasure in things/activities that would normally be pleasant)
- Intense Mood Swings
- Severe Fatigue
By this point, you would normally have realized that taking a megadose vitamin C for opiate withdrawal is not the solution. Not only does it have its own risks, but it can endanger your life as well.
Still, if you need more convincing, consider this: Trying to face opiate withdrawal on your own can actually be deadly!
So Then, What Options Do You Have?
Essentially, the best way to overcome your opiate addiction in a safe and healthy manner is to rely on inpatient detox services for help.
Why? Because you will receive exactly the kind of medical assistance and supervision you need in this situation. What’s more, there are other benefits to choosing rehab centers:
- The staff will work round-the-clock to make sure all your needs are met.
- You will get to take advantage of the mental care services you deserve.
- You will be administered counter-drugs that can ensure you won’t deal with any discomfort.
- Inpatient detox offers you the possibility to completely focus on your recovery and self-development without being distracted by outside factors.
- You will be able to interact with people who face similar struggles such as you. Thus, you might learn from them, and even forge long-lasting friendships.
- You will be recovering in a fully sober environment.
Sounds ideal, right?
We know – you just have to be sure you choose the best detox facility there is.
Naturally, that’s easier said than done, as a lot of research will be required beforehand. Unfortunately, in your situation, that might just be the last thing you’d want to deal with right now.
Well, we’ve got great news then! You won’t have to do any tiresome research, as you already came to the right place.
BLVD Treatment Centers – The Road to a Full, Safe Recovery
Why should you worry about the dangers of taking a megadose of vitamin C for opiate withdrawal when you can just rely on our professional detox services instead? After all, just look at what we can offer you:
- Medically-Assisted Detox – We employ medical professionals who can make sure that you won’t experience any painful or traumatic withdrawal symptoms.
- Transport Assistance – Need help getting to our detox facilities? No problem! We can handle travel arrangements on your behalf, and we can even ensure you get to travel alongside a sober companion too.
- 24/7 Nursing Care – Since you’ll be under constant medical surveillance, you won’t have to worry about your health ever being in danger.
- Personalized Treatments – Our recovery experts can take all the data you provide into account, and use it to design an individualized rehab program just for you.
If that’s not enough, just look at what former patients had to say about our rehab services:
“The facility is designed and furnished really well. I never felt like I wanted to leave early, or like I didn’t want to be there. Everyone’s case manager was awesome. I would have been happy with any of them being my case manager. The facilitators always had new material. It was great. The staff really took their time with me. I had a rough time this last time out, and they loved me back to feeling good about self. It was so much fun too. I was at BLVD for just over 3 months and never got tired of it. That’s important if you’re in treatment, trust me.”
“The quality of therapists is extremely high. Clinicians and support staff are extremely dedicated. Able to provide a wide variety of services and options. The facilities are well designed and comfortable. Most often treatment centers offer either a 12 Step or non-12 Step approach, rarely do they offer both as does BLVD. BLVD Centers are also located in the metropolitan area with access to all of the benefits a city has to offer.”
Furthermore, you’ll be recovering at our luxurious, spacious, and very welcoming residential rehab centers which are located in Corona and Hollywood. Not only will you enjoy quiet, beautiful surroundings, but amazing services and amenities too:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Meaningful Social Interactions
- Group Therapy Sessions
- Private/Semi-Private Rooms
- HDTV with Cable
- Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- A Quality Aftercare Program
- Complete Comfort
Plus, here’s another great thing to consider: Once you finish your inpatient treatment, you won’t be on your own. That’s because we also offer access to intensive outpatient treatments too!
Simply put, here’s what kinds of things and activities you’ll get to enjoy if you opt for our intensive outpatient programs:
- Equine/Art/Music Therapy
- Yoga, Qi-Gong, or Tai-Chi
- Wellness Groups
- Nutritious Culinary Services
- Drum Circles
- Unique Boutique Facilities
- Access to Educational Course That Address:
- Relapse Prevention
- Family Dynamics
- Healthy Relationships
- Time Management
- Stress Management
And, best of all, you won’t have to make any changes to your day-to-day schedule. How come? Well, we offer 2 very flexible programs:
- The Day Program – We can offer your top-notch support and motivation Monday through Friday, from 10AM to 4PM.
- The Night Program – You can also take advantage of our quality services every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6PM to 9PM.
Sounds rather convenient, right?
Well, you’ll also love the fact that we offer variety too. Essentially, we have numerous outpatient facilities located in many cities throughout the country:
Call 8885376671 or Contact Us Online to Truly Overcome Your Addiction!
Our phones are manned 24/7, so you won’t have to worry about waiting around for minutes on end until somebody finally answers your calls. What’s more, you’ll get to talk to our recovery specialists, who will be more than happy to answer all your questions and help you pick the right detox treatment for you.
And don’t worry about your privacy. We make sure that every single phone call you make is 100% confidential. Not only that, but we also don’t keep any credit cards and insurance records on file.
As for the payments, here’s what you must know:
- First of all, it’s very likely that your insurance provider will cover all your rehab costs.
- However, if that isn’t possible, you might be eligible for our very inclusive financial assistance programs.
- Alternatively, we also provide access to budget-friendly private payment plans. Our fees are billed monthly, but we can also accommodate bi-weekly payments.
Plus, here’s the best part – you won’t have to deal with any waitlists at all! In fact, most of our patients usually manage to start their recovery within 24 hours of getting in touch with us.
So, call 8885376671 or contact us online – whichever option is more convenient for you! Don’t put your health at risk with a megadose vitamin C for opiate withdrawal, and take advantage of reliable detox services that can help you regain full control of your life!